New User
glastarflyer
0 Kudos

Nook tablet battery

My NT has been acting strangely for about a month.  I believe it is the battery.  My NT is 1 year and 2 months old (naturally out of warranty) and in the past month it has been suddenly jumping from screen to screen and app to app with no input from me.  When I plug it in to recharge it is fine, showing anywhere from 50 to 75% battery charge and works perfectly,  If I let it go it dies.  I admit I use my NT heavily both for reading and as a tablet.  Is the battery designed to die completely after it is out of warranty?

flyingtoastr
Topics: 52
Kudos: 2,855
0 Kudos

Re: Nook tablet battery

Try cleaning your screen.

Wordsmith
BruceMcF
0 Kudos

glastarflyer wrote:

When I plug it in to recharge it is fine, showing anywhere from 50 to 75% battery charge and works perfectly,  If I let it go it dies.

If you let what go, what dies? How can you see the device jumping pages and apps without your input if it dies?

I agree that the first thing to do when it starts acting like a ghost is running the tablet, this first thing to do is to clean the touchscreen. Grease or gunk can make capacatitive touch screens act funny.

New User
glastarflyer
0 Kudos

Screen is clean - first thing I tried.  If the screen were dirty why would it be fine when plugged in and work normally, but then jump around and turn itself off when unplugged.  just seems logical that it is the battery since it is normal when plugged into a power source.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Well, cleaning the screen is the first thing to try because it's usually what solves the crazy touchscreen issues.

So the natural assumption would be to try that first as its easier to do.

The Nook behaving crazy on the battery is very strange.

The jumping around part.

Anything you've done differently in the recent past?