Wordsmith
ImmortalBeloved
0 Kudos

Now my magazines are not opening correctly!

When I get a new magazine and it appears on my home screen with the "new" label on it and I open it for the first time I get an error message telling me something about DRM error this type of file cannot be read or some such nonsense. Then I close that box and try again and the magazine opens just fine. This just started happening and even though I can get them to open on the second try it's rather annoying.

It only happens when the magazines still have the "new" label on them. After I do get them open and that goes away it never happens again. It's very strange. Does anyone else have this problems or any idea what to do about it?

I also tried opening them fromt he library to see if the same thing would happen and sure enough it does.

Correspondent
karen-atl
0 Kudos

Re: Now my magazines are not opening correctly!

ImmortalBeloved wrote:

When I get a new magazine and it appears on my home screen with the "new" label on it and I open it for the first time I get an error message telling me something about DRM error this type of file cannot be read or some such nonsense. Then I close that box and try again and the magazine opens just fine. This just started happening and even though I can get them to open on the second try it's rather annoying.

It only happens when the magazines still have the "new" label on them. After I do get them open and that goes away it never happens again. It's very strange. Does anyone else have this problems or any idea what to do about it?

I also tried opening them fromt he library to see if the same thing would happen and sure enough it does.

Yep, me too, same problem...

Wordsmith
ImmortalBeloved
0 Kudos

Ok well at least I know I'm not alone. It's weird. When did your NC start to do this?

Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,236
Solutions: 4
0 Kudos

Inspired Wordsmith
Derwin
0 Kudos

The only problem I've noticed is that when I click on a "new" magazine, it won't automatically open. But if I keep my finger pressed, the box pops up and I then chose the "read" it and it opens with no problem.

Is that how it's supposed to work?

-

Nook_Engineer
0 Kudos

@ImmortalBeloved, Nallia:

Can either of you provide the exact error message that you're seeing?

Thanks,

-Jeffrey

Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,236
Solutions: 4
0 Kudos

Nook_Engineer wrote:

@ImmortalBeloved, Nallia:

Can either of you provide the exact error message that you're seeing?

Thanks,

-Jeffrey

It was a "Reader DRP error" and said the epub was an invalid file format.  It doesn't happen with every magazine, so I don't have the exact wording right now.  I'll be sure to post it the next time it happens.

So far it's happened to me with my Woman's Day and Shape magazines.  I never had a magazine isue before the 1.2 update. 

Inspired Wordsmith
chuck4prez
0 Kudos

It has only happened to me one time which was yesterday, with a just delivered issue. I got the same message 3 times before successfully viewing. All subsequent openings have been flawless. All past issues opened just fine. I just chalked it up to successfully manual nootering not 3 hours prior to delivery. A lot of functions took 1 or 2 tries for success (both old and new functions). None of the failed launches have reocurred since the initial fail. I will understand any lack of response from you jeffrey :-) .
Frequent Contributor
DJ_Boxer
0 Kudos

This morning the DRP error happened to me but when I went to re-open it again, I tried several ways: the Home Screen, reading now menu and the magasine opened correctly.  This only happened after I installed ezPDF my second app, the first was Angry Birds which did install with the MicroSD card installed.  I have had the update for about two days.  I will put in an update if this happens again.

DJ

Wordsmith
ImmortalBeloved
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Yes that is the error message I get too  Reader DRP error Invalid file format cannot read this type of file. Then on the second try it will open and after that it opens fine every time.

You should not have to long press the magazines to open them from the pop up menu options. You can do it that way but you don't have to. You should be able to tap it and have it open. To answer the other posters question.

New User
JazzgirlTX
0 Kudos

I am getting the exact same error when trying to open one of my new magazine subscriptions. I haven't had any trouble with the other one but the new one shows this DRP error.

New User
cddiede
0 Kudos

Had this DRP reader failed problem too from time to time.  It indicates a problem in the downloaded book file.  An easy way to usually clear it is to archieve the offending ebook and the immediatly unarchieve it.

This will force the Nook to re-download the ebook file, and usually corrects the problems.