BN_AlexG
Topics: 68
Kudos: 527
Solutions: 40

OFFICIAL NOOK Apps Suggestion Thread

Hi All,

Thank you for all of the incredible feedback. Believe me when I say it has not fallen on deaf ears.:smileyhappy:

I see many app suggestions within your feedback and thank you for it. We are continuing to update our app offerings to accommodate just about anyone wanting apps on their devices.

However some apps are still missing, and to that end I'm starting this thread. 

Please make your suggestion(s), via this thread but with one caveat. In order to gather your information more effectively and more accurately, please give identical app suggestions a Kudo. This will be our active tally of what is most wanted by the community and will help us hotlist apps for you.

Needless to say, this does not guarantee the availability of the app(s) in question; but it is definitely a step in the process. 

Again, thank you all for your continued participation in our B&N Community. I look forward to seeing what we can cook up!

- Alex

Click the Laurel leaf to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue. This may help someone else.
Contributor
jennt721

Re: OFFICIAL NOOK Apps Suggestion Thread

Quizard flash card app, Dropbox, and the Boynton apps.

Wordsmith
TnTexas

Old Time Radio Player (can be found on both the Android Market and Amazon's) - plays a ton of old radio shows

Volume+ (can be found on the Android Market) - boosts the volume level; if the speakers are going to be in the back, I really think a booster for them needs to be available

Overdrive Media Console - since library books can already be viewed on the Nooks, this would simply make them more convenient

Contributor
MPHeart

An HBO go App like Showtimes would be nice, and maybe an App for Epix.

Distinguished Scribe
Schwa

(apologies to B&N for the Android Market links, but the easiest place to go for links, plus same OS)

Games:

Cut The Rope

Death Worm

Tile Storm

Pinball (any pinball games really, link has good reviews)

Euchre (or any trump card games, online capabilites preferred, link has good reviews)

-Any ports of classic 8-bit and 16-bit video games would be awesome too  :smileyhappy:

-PopCap Games in general, I know a certain other internet giant has an exclusive contract, but snap that up as soon as you can.  PC is the king of casual computer gaming

Applications (to shorten my list, I'm going to focus on music):

Spotify streaming music player

Node Beat interactive music creator

SiriusXM radio service (why is this not here yet with Liberty Media on board?)

Slacker Radio radio service

iHeart Radio radio service

Soundcloud streaming music player

also any sort of equalizer added to the default options or so, I realize a widget is out of the question, but please give me some control of the sound output  :smileysurprised:

Obvious choices:

facebook

Twitter

YouTube

I know this is a list, but these are all popular apps on the other services and nothing from out of left field, and wanted to at least put my wants out there  :smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
The_Walrus_43

Huffington Post  

CNN

Weather Channel

MLB At Bat

CBS Sports

The Week

TV Guide

USA Today

Frequent Contributor
TigerBlak_

I'm so glad one of these posts exists!

I would like to see; in no particular order:

Google Music

Feedly

Spotify

Plants vs. Zombies

Frequent Contributor
TigerBlak_

Oh, I forgot the most important one to get the student base:

NookStudy

Contributor
Benerator

This was already mentioned in another thread, but I'd like to reiterate my desire to see Autodesk Sketchbook Mobile available in Nook Apps.

Contributor
_Huckleberry_

This is my first eReader and I just got the Nook Tablet the other day. I LOVE it!!!

Improvements that would be good:

Apps - Words with Friends, Weather

On the Calendar it would be good if the entry titles appeared on the month view.

Magazines - I would like more variety! I'm a horse person and there are no equestrian magazines. Practical Horseman, Chronicle of the Horse, EQUUS, etc would be awesome. :smileyhappy:

Searching the Nook Books on the NT has been somewhat unwieldy for me so far... unless I have something specific like a title or author to search for, it seems the only other option is to scroll through long lists of very basic genres. Can we have more specific categories to make browsing easier?

I would also like to be able to connect a keyboard to the nook somehow... wirelessly? Or wired if need be.

Contributor
_Huckleberry_
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

You can see many of these in the pulse app! :smileywink:

ETA: I was trying to respond to The_Walrus_43 but I don't know how to include their text.

Contributor
Benerator
0 Kudos

Another painting app I think would be a good addition to the Nook would be Fresco Pro.

Contributor
wtherrell

SWYPE keyboard

Calendar app to sync with google calendar.

Distinguished Correspondent
Tom51
0 Kudos

Contributor
mmlibrary1

Please add the JUMBLE puzzles to Nook apps - I see that Amazon has them for the kindle. 

THANKS!

Distinguished Correspondent
Francisco1844

How about a way to search for apps without books showing up?

Contributor
COCyclist
0 Kudos

TealAuto is already an Andriod application, just put on the B&N market.

Distinguished Bibliophile
patgolfneb

If I was BN I would have a couple of interns search blogs and other media for lists of must have apps or even competitors stores, on a regular basis. Then other staff could review and encourage them to port their apps over to BN products. Of course as this seems obvious, I am probably missing something.
Inspired Contributor
ChucklesTX

Here are two Business related apps I would like to see.  They are both on Android and Amazon.

Citrix Receiver

VMWare View Client

When my Nook Color was rooted the Citrix Receiver worked perfectly.

I have tried side loading the Citrix Receiver on my NT and it installs and configures no problem, but all attempts to launch an published app fail with an application error message.

New User
blint

Bluetooth so I can listen to Pandora Radio on a decent speakers at night while falling asleep in bed, where headphones are out of the question. Also, a sleep timer app.