Frequent Contributor
darkquota

Re: OFFICIAL NOOK Apps Suggestion Thread

Comics by Comixology

Distinguished Correspondent
BelgianAlien

I've only had my NT for a few weeks, so I will come across more apps that I'd like on my device, but here's what I noticed missing right off the bat:

Gmail (hotmail, Yahoo! mail and the likes seem to be missing as well)

Google Maps (or any other mapping ap like it)

Facebook

Twitter

And as far as games go: the more the merrier?

-----------
Always read something that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it. ~P.J. O'Rourke
DeanGibson
Topics: 93
Kudos: 2,336
Solutions: 18

How about the ability to use 1024h x 1800w wallpapers without being forced to crop, like we have been able to do until November???

It completely foggles me that B&N made this change.  Or is there some security or revenue issue with such wallpapers???

Nooks: 1stEd/3G: B&N 1.7.0 rooted; 2x Touch (one Ltd. Ed.): B&N 1.2.1 rooted;
    HD+/16GB: B&N 2.2.0 (Android 4.0.4) rooted
Dell Venue 8 Pro: Windows 8.1; Samsung Galaxy Tab2 7.0": Android 4.2.2 rooted
LG G3 & G Pad 8.3 Android 4.4.2 rooted; Acer Iconia A500: Android 4.0.3 rooted
Customer loyalty is earned, not commanded or deserved, and easily lost.
Never suspect intent where incompetence will do.
poiuy
0 Kudos

Mr. Gibson, I do so enjoy a good chuckle. ::smileywink:

Just so nobody can accuse me of sideloading an app I absolutely must have to use the tablet for my purposes without asking for it....

Chm Reader X

Contributor
Michelle8012
0 Kudos

I would love to have the game Fish Tycoon by Last Day of Work.

And as several people have mentioned an Overdrive app would be nice too. 

Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv

More Big Fish Games

New User
jeremypj44

You've got major work to do in app department.  It's as lame as it gets. People LOVE options and the ability to make changes.  Never forget it.  My stomach turns when I open your app store.  Sorry to be abrasive, but it's the absolute truth.

Facebook-terrible on NT.  Scrolls poorly on mobile, too tiny on desktop.  Needs an app to focus on your display.

Customizable browser alternatives-either or.  Make yours customizable, or offer others.

Brand Names-people want ESPN, MSNBC, G4, EW, you have none.  Does Apple own all that?  not sure why you don't offer much/any.

Games that aren't lame-Quell is like your 3rd best game.  Really? Really?  Use that processor.  Develop games.

I'll pay for good apps, I honestly will.  But I've got about $2.99 wrapped up in my NT, and don't see anything else I'd pay a penny for. 

New User
MoSteve

Love my Nook Tablet; however, I can't figure out why B&N has not released a VMWare View Client app. Working for a private University, students are always asking which eReader I would recommend, at this point, I have to point them to a Kindle Fire because of the the release of the VMWare View Client for this device. This allows our students to connect to virtual desktops in our labs and classrooms. Sadly, the Nook can't and will get pushed out of the education space in our environment.

Contributor
SarahNade

[ Edited ]

I second YouVersion and Comixology. I would also really enjoy MobilityWare's Solitaire, Spider Solitaire and FreeCell. I know they are available in the android market as I have them all on another android device. I'm not sure if I have seen stumbleupon mentioned, but consider it mentioned.

And Tumblr!

F14Scott
0 Kudos

I see that several threads in the NOOK Tablet General Discussion area have been moved to "more appropriate location[s]," in order to help "to keep our boards organized."

I cheerfully and helpfully submit this thread belongs in NOOK Tablet Apps: http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-Tablet-Apps/bd-p/NTTechSuppApps

I would expect consistency be maintained in the organization of the boards, such that no one get the wrong idea that certain, controversial threads are being moved to bury them.

Distinguished Bibliophile
roustabout

[ Edited ]

Everyone, please take a moment to reflect on the grave injustice inflicted upon F14Scott.  One of his threads was relocated.  I truly feel his pain.  An entire thread in which I and others had contributed valuable snark was not merely relocated but removed

I lay abed for a few days, racked with chills.  

Since young Scott is afflicted but not so sorely, I hope he takes this up with the United Nations.  In fact, I think to build up support for his -no, for our - cause, he should do a march from San Francisco, where the UN charter was signed, to New York, the modern headquarters of the United Nations.  A march that would stir the conscience of a nation to our desperate plight.  

Oh, the humanity

"no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." Fourth Amendment to the US Constitution.
Inspired Correspondent
Nom-de-Nook
0 Kudos

flyingtoastr wrote:

janzin wrote:
One more vote for Overdrive. And a Facebook app...how hard is that? Its a pain having to go through the browser each time.

Ask Apple.

They just got it on iPad.

Ask Facebook.  it is their app.  And it stinks on the iPad

Contributor
SarahNade
0 Kudos

Strike me down if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the thread was started by a moderator so I think it's ok if it stays here. 

Roustabout, I have no idea what you were talking about but it made me laugh. 

To stick to the topic, World of Goo. It's too tiny on my iPhone and would be sweet on the NT.

Inspired Wordsmith
robotecture

Autodesk sketchbook mobile... Oops I said it again! :smileywink:
DeanGibson
Topics: 93
Kudos: 2,336
Solutions: 18
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Nom-de-Nook wrote:  ... Ask Facebook.  it is their app.  And it stinks on the iPad

Facebook stinks on a PC browser.  The site is hard to navigate, hard to find your own stuff, riddled with bugs, and sometimes insecure.  Other than that, what's not to like? :smileyfrustrated:

The only networking site that is worse is LinkedIn (unless you like spam). :smileymad:

Nooks: 1stEd/3G: B&N 1.7.0 rooted; 2x Touch (one Ltd. Ed.): B&N 1.2.1 rooted;
    HD+/16GB: B&N 2.2.0 (Android 4.0.4) rooted
Dell Venue 8 Pro: Windows 8.1; Samsung Galaxy Tab2 7.0": Android 4.2.2 rooted
LG G3 & G Pad 8.3 Android 4.4.2 rooted; Acer Iconia A500: Android 4.0.3 rooted
Customer loyalty is earned, not commanded or deserved, and easily lost.
Never suspect intent where incompetence will do.
Inspired Contributor
Trekkie7
0 Kudos

More Big Fish Games

VOLUME CONTROL

Contributor
her-hd

Not really apps, but improvements.

An icon in the lower tray to manually bring up the keyboard, when a text box won't bring it up.

A way to download directly to the SD card from the B&N Store, and a way to move or backup apps etc. to the SD card, and not using a PC, I bought this to break the tether with my desktop.

Contributor
fkm71
0 Kudos

Mint.com

Vimeo

remember the milk

These are my requests for apps.  I don't like Vimeo in the NT browser.  Mint is alright but I would prefer an actual app.  

Distinguished Bibliophile
patgolfneb

I second the overdrive request, with the abiity to use the native nook reader. On some android devices it forces you to use the stock Adobe reader, which lacks some of BNs features.
gwy
Reader 4
gwy
0 Kudos

The Dish Network Remote Access app for TV everywhere would be great. I upgraded from my first generation nook with the understanding that this app would work (It apparently worked on the nook color).