Re: OFFICIAL NOOK Apps Suggestion Thread

I would want

Tumblr

Weather Channel

IHeartRadio

Free Run

Facebook

Pinterest

Also monopoly, I know they already have it but they only have it for the color/tablet not for HD+

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Is IHeartRadio for Internet Radio?

There's already an internet radio app called TuneIn Radio Pro. It's well rated in all stores I know of it being in (Apple, Google, Nook).

Reader 4
Selene784
0 Kudos

I would love to see some different web browsers available.  Firefox or Chrome would be excellent.  The Dolphin browser works better than the stock one that come with the Nook Tablet, but it would be nice to see some more options.

Correspondent
cybersmoke53
0 Kudos

I too would love to have Chrome Browser or Foxfire browser available on the Nook HD+ as optional browsers.

I would also love to see ES- File Explorer and the other ES-Manager apps available for the Nook HD+.

Inspired Bibliophile
compulsivereaderTX
0 Kudos

I'd like to second and third the requests for Calibre Companion App!!! This has to be one of the most useful (and necessary, IMHO) apps available for a device that is a ereader or includes ereader capabilities. Calibre has always been superior in digital content management and the Calibre Companion App works seamlessly with Calibre for PC via wifi for content management on devices and syncing offline and on device content. It is a crying shame that Nook devices are unable to access this very vital app. 

Distinguished Correspondent
k2nax
0 Kudos

Can it possibly be true that MLB at Bat is still not available for the Nook?  It has been over a year...

It is better to have loved your nook and lost,
than never to have loved your nook at all.
New User
MisseyJean
0 Kudos

I came across this thread tonight and am hoping that it is still being monitored.  I have had a Nook Color for about 2 years and love it.  Good for books, email, and used to be good for Facebook and Pinterest. BUT in the last couple of months I have not been able to log on to either.  So, all that description to say that I want Facebook and Pinterest apps for the NOOK COLOR.

Contributor
SynChronicity3
0 Kudos

I agreee.  Bring the "real" world into the virtual world. I suggested a while back have a blank page in an eBook to allow for inscriptions.  I don't know if your family writes inscriptions, but it personalizes the gift.  This would also allow for authors to sign an eBook!

Just a thougt!

Contributor
SynChronicity3
0 Kudos

VPN APP!

I would like to see files, music, or control my PC from my HD+.

Xbox 360 Interface/Display

Please partner up with Xbox 360 to allow HD/HD+ to act as the display and allow for xbox controller to connect via BT.

New User
CaptainKen
0 Kudos

1) This current Windows 8.1 App version 1.8.0.6225 can only import individual files. Therefore, you cannot designate 1 or more specific folders to automatically become part of the Nook local library. So each time you add an ebook from anywhere other than the Nook store, you must import the ebook.

It also doesn't support opening ebooks from Windows Explorer or Skydrive. You must import them. Per Nook support, I even installed the exe version of "Nook for PC" from within the Desktop mode in an attempt to get ebooks to open from within Windows Explorer or Skydrive, but no luck. Other readers such as "Fiction Book Reader" do support open books from within Skydrive.

For books to be part of your library they must be stored in:

\Documents\My Barnes & Noble eBooks\[NookAccountNameHere].

2) Page turning animations please.

Distinguished Correspondent
lochnez
0 Kudos

ES File Explorer allows you to link to your PC thru WiFi. I see all the contents of my PC file structure and can copy files over to the HD wirelessly. Can't contol the PC, but not sure why I'd want to.