Reader 2
rdmarcus
0 Kudos

Organizing library, both printed and e-books

Good morning,

I am poised to buy my first e-reader, probably the Nook Simple Touch.  I would like to create a searchable library on my Nook of both my printed and e-books.  Can this be done, and what's the easiest way?

I thought of downloading free samples of all my (several hundred) books, and adding them to shelves along with my e-books.  I thought of using the Wishlist, but apparently it's not saved in all situations.  Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 4,004

Re: Organizing library, both printed and e-books

My first impression is that you probably don't really want to do that. Most people find that dealing with a lot of e-books on a NOOK is very frustrating. Just keep the e-books you want to read on there.

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Re: Organizing library, both printed and e-books

rdmarcus wrote:

Good morning,

I am poised to buy my first e-reader, probably the Nook Simple Touch.  I would like to create a searchable library on my Nook of both my printed and e-books.  Can this be done, and what's the easiest way?

I thought of downloading free samples of all my (several hundred) books, and adding them to shelves along with my e-books.  I thought of using the Wishlist, but apparently it's not saved in all situations.  Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

About the only way I could think you could do this would be to create a searchable PDF file with all your books and load it.  It wouldn't be in the shelves area, but a document you would have to open.

I agree with Doug, I've had my N1E since January, 2010 and I also have the NST.  Shelving and organizing books on the devices is very frustrating, and the more books you have, the more frustrating it gets.  With 2000 books, you'll need to get a SD card for it, because you won't be able to store all 2000 books on the device.  I only deal with about 200 books on mine at any time and I find the organization frustrating, I can't imagine how it would be with 2000 books.