Inspired Correspondent
NC-Kindle
0 Kudos

Re: Overall Feedback Needed - 1.3 vs 1.4

Mercy sakes!  Debating whether to feel like a dummy or enlightened user.

For a long time have been using the dual boot and was hung up on CM7 mode - - until the 1.4.1 and1.4.2 updates.  Now am almost exclusively using and enjoying the stock Nook.  The only time I boot to CM7 is to access my free Score app which does a great job with most sports scores/info/schedules.  Nook/B&N has no app I could find to approximate it yet.

OK, decided I'm an enlightened user.  I hope.  I think.  I want to be.  Subjectively speaking.

Wordsmith
BruceMcF
0 Kudos

Re: Overall Feedback Needed - 1.3 vs 1.4

NC-Kindle wrote:

For a long time have been using the dual boot and was hung up on CM7 mode - - until the 1.4.1 and1.4.2 updates.  Now am almost exclusively using and enjoying the stock Nook.  The only time I boot to CM7 is to access my free Score app which does a great job with most sports scores/info/schedules.  Nook/B&N has no app I could find to approximate it yet.

Do a manual noot, and you can install that app on the home page. I'm in a similar situation ~ I had a couple of video streaming apps I wanted, and I wanted OpenIntent's file manager to let DrobBox be all it can be, and SB Nation's app. I kept the stock home screen, installing the Android Market apps onto the homescreen with Nook Color app manager. The result was when the update come out, it unrooted my system, but I still have access to all the apps that I want, so I'm not going to bother rooting it again unless and until I need another app.