Frequent Contributor
MyBowelMovement
0 Kudos

PLEASE ANSWER THIS VIDEO QUESTION...MODS

THIRD TIME NOW

IS ANYONES VIDEIO LIBRARY ON THEIR NOOK HD REPLACED WITH BLUE BOXES. WHERE THERE WAS ONCE PICTURES OF THE MOVIE (BOX ART) NOW THEY ARE ALL JUST A BLUE BOX.

ANY OF YOU BUY RENT A MOVIE PAST FEW DAYS?

DID THE ACTUAL MOVIE PIC/BOXART SHOW ON YOUR HOMESCREEN OR WAS IT A BLUE BOX

THANK YOU, JEESH 

Distinguished Bibliophile
Mercury_Glitch

Re: PLEASE ANSWER THIS VIDEO QUESTION...MODS

This is a user forum, you're unlikely to get a response from anyone official.  Especially posting in all caps, which is considered rude on the internet as it's the same as shouting. 

I've not seen this issue, but you can try calling 1-800-the-book or going to your local B&N.  You may also want to PM Alex who is one of the admins for the site he has been able to help folks out before.

The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills, and we are only the thread of the Pattern.
Frequent Contributor
MyBowelMovement
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Mercury_Glitch wrote:

This is a user forum, you're unlikely to get a response from anyone official.  Especially posting in all caps, which is considered rude on the internet as it's the same as shouting. 

I've not seen this issue, but you can try calling 1-800-the-book or going to your local B&N.  You may also want to PM Alex who is one of the admins for the site he has been able to help folks out before.

\

no one here rents or buys movies?

Mercury_Glitch

In your title you specified mods, the mods do not typically post.  Users do, but typically not in threads in all caps.  I presented you with a solution for the issue you were seeing that was the best I could offer as I use a NSTG, not a NC, NT, or NHD/+. 

I think I read something about someone having a similar issue, but I don't recall where or when and I don't think it was more than one person (it could have been you as you say you've made this type of post three times now).

The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills, and we are only the thread of the Pattern.
patgolfneb
0 Kudos

Mercury, helping this poster has been attempted in some of the  other multiple threads started by this poster.  It makes me wonder when one person starts,  I believe at least 4 threads in this case, on the same issue. 

MacMcK1957

patgolfneb wrote:

Mercury, helping this poster has been attempted in some of the  other multiple threads started by this poster.  It makes me wonder when one person starts,  I believe at least 4 threads in this case, on the same issue. 

IMNSHO the username alone should trigger some sort of DNFTT alarm.

Frequent Contributor
MyBowelMovement
0 Kudos

I am waiting for ONE PERSON.

To check their video library and see if they have box cover pics.

Frequent Contributor
MyBowelMovement
0 Kudos

patgolfneb wrote:

show me please, i have not seen any

roustabout
0 Kudos

I count three; 

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-Talk/PLEASE-ANSWER-THIS-VIDEO-QUESTION-MODS/m-p/1474459#...

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/Community-Room/Nook-videos-no-longer-have-boxart-pics/m-p/147...

and

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-HD-HD-Support/Nook-Video-issue-beware/m-p/1474195

"no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." Fourth Amendment to the US Constitution.
patgolfneb

I don't use the stock player except for nook rentals, but no I haven't had this problem. I might try to duplicate the problem, but I don't want to spend time helping someone choosing a tasteless user name and who seems impatient and disrespectful.
Bibliophile
laurieb52
0 Kudos

I posted a response in one of your other threads. The answer is no, pictures are showing on all 3 of our HD's/HD+'s. You will get blue boxes show if you refresh and are not connected to the internet, until you reconnect to the internet and re-refresh. If you have a lot of movies as I do (400+) each time you go to your HD nook video library, many of the movies will at first show up as blue boxes until the page refreshes as you scroll down. I'm thinking the images are not stored in onboard memory.

The same thing happens when you access your movies through FLixster, the UV site and VUDU (though VUDU is pretty fast to bring up the images).

Life's a chair of bowlies...and it's all about Plan B!
Frequent Contributor
MyBowelMovement
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Your fine unless you buy,rent a new item. If you rent a movie, say right now, the issue is it will show the blue box, and turn all your other movies blue. I'm assuming you have not rent or purchased anything in the past day or so. If you are game, give something a rent. I just rented 'redemption' for 3.99 and indeed its a blue box on the home screen. In a nutshell there are no ore pics for any tv or movie boxart in nook shop. This morning a supervisor was 'alarmed' as her purchase, I asked her to purchase world war z, showed not only blue box but turned BN demo unit all movies blue boxes. Unfortunately since they are slow as molasses I expect no resolution and I'm pissed yo say the least. I still haven't heard from anyone here attempting to recreate.
Frequent Contributor
MyBowelMovement
0 Kudos

All someone needs to do is rent a movie ! Simple as that. Eventually if this isn't resolved it will effect all of you should you decide to buy a video.
Scribe
frantastk

MyBowelMovement wrote:
All someone needs to do is rent a movie ! Simple as that. Eventually if this isn't resolved it will effect all of you should you decide to buy a video.

I'm not sure if you really want help or just want to complain, but...

I just bought a nook video this afternoon and no blue boxes. I still have all  my movie pictures intact. Not sure what your problem is. Maybe it's that particular movie. And, no, I will not buy/rent that particular movie to test for you because, well, I don't want to.

Frequent Contributor
MyBowelMovement
0 Kudos

Impossible and you just cost me $3. Lie. I just grabbed my sons device and rented 'the hangover' for $2.99 just to see if it was my device issue and bam blue box on the carousel. You owe me $3
patgolfneb
0 Kudos

Wow, just wow.
MacMcK1957
0 Kudos

At the risk of repeating myself....
Frequent Contributor
MyBowelMovement
0 Kudos

Why don't you two idiots mac whatever and the reject above you actually contrbute to the topic. Go rent a movie or go to hell
Distinguished Correspondent
lochnez

I bought one of those Blueray/DVD/video file combos. I redeemed the code at UV. I already had one movie that UV gave me free. That movie still has it's art in the HD+ Movie shelf, but the new movie has a blue box. No big deal to me since I buy the movie, not the packaging. Just wanted to note the refreshing or re-refreshing did not restore the 2nd movie's art. And yes, this OP has posted this same complaint multiple times. Troll, anyone?
BN_AlexG
Topics: 68
Kudos: 527
Solutions: 40
0 Kudos

Mods - Serious widespread Nook video issue here