Reader
raygeeknyc
0 Kudos

Pandora app fails to run on Color Nook

When I initially launched Pandora on my Nook Color I entered my Pandora account name and password and since then I get the message

""Error   Unable to playmusic [sic] at thos time, please try again" with only an "exit" button

My Wifi connection appears to be live at the time as I had just surfed the web, visited the store, etc.

Contributor
crybbchub
0 Kudos

Re: Pandora app fails to run on Color Nook

Theres a strong possibility thats it's due to PANDORA's server.

As long as you are able to access other website's and your wifi is up and running on your nookcolor... then it's not a device issue, but a PANDORA server issue.

I think you need to call pandora for that.

NOOkaholic Anonymous

Reader
raygeeknyc
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply - it [Pandora] was working fine on other machines' web browsers tho' - at any rate it has since started working.

New User
GOInsanity
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I have a similiar issue.  Just opened my christmas present early. Bought the wife a Gtablet and she bought me a nookcolor. So far not impressed compared to the (more expensive) gtablet.

Shes busy watching youtube on it and i am trying to at least get Pandora to run on mine. (for holiday songs.)  I log in fine and it pulled up my stations. but in the twenty min I have been looking for a solution I have gotten maybe 5 seconds of the song "played" (the progress bar has moved 5 seconds but no sounds have come out.  Wifi is on and working as I was reading forums on it earlier. But those loaded extremely slowly as well.  This is the same network I am currently posting from and that my wife is viewing youtube from.

Also, when I first opened it up, it would type two or three letters for every key press.  Its gone away but It took ten or fifteen min to realize that the reason I could not login to wifi was because the passcode was wrong everytime...

So far the new nook responds to key touches about as quickly as My wifes original nook. Not very impressed...

Bibliophile
Jenniisme
0 Kudos

Odd, I just opened Pandora for the first time on nookcolor and it rocks.

I won't use it often though, I prefer to just read with no distractions.

New User
GOInsanity
0 Kudos

rebooting helped btw... (got pandora back.)

B&N Bookseller
Megan_B
0 Kudos

Pandora's servers may have been having an issue primarily with mobile devices only. Despite the fact that Pandora is an online music application, they do have to design two separate applications - one to run in browsers, another for mobile like NOOK, tablets, phones, etc. There may have been a specific problem only with mobile devices.

Reader
FrankBabz
0 Kudos