Contributor
Brainylainy
0 Kudos

Playing Music on the Tablet without Earphones

If you want play music or watch movies on your Tablet without using earphones, Jawbone sells a portable speaker that has a cord that you insert into your microphone input. It also has bluetooth for your other devices. You can google jawbone jambox to find their site and Amazon also carries it. Barnes and Noble should, too
Distinguished Bibliophile
roustabout
0 Kudos

Re: Playing Music on the Tablet without Earphones

Also look at / listen to the Altec Lansing Inmotion Air - bigger (and, to me, better-sounding) than the Jambox, also takes a mini stereo line in if you like, also support bluetooth as well as wired connections, also has an onboard battery for completely wireless play.  One thing that it does, which it would be nice if it didn't do, is shut off after 10 minutes without playing even when it's connected to house power, but I can live with that. 

Both the Jambox, the A-L, and several Logitech and other companies' speakers of this type do audio from essentially any bluetooth device. 

Oh, and the A/L comes with a high-power USB to Bluetooth audio adapter in the box, which you can connect to a computer or a NAS if you have one and stream audio from. 

For me, that adapter's the real killer feature - I have the NAS already, so I can listen to music from it without the computer on, and it sounds reasonably comparable to the Sony soundbar and sub I have (though, granted, there's less bass than I can generate with an 8 inch sub, but for most of the music I listen to, I'm much more interested in the mid and high range being done more-or-less right than the bumping bass.) 

"no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." Fourth Amendment to the US Constitution.
Distinguished Scribe
Schwa
0 Kudos

Brainylainy wrote:
If you want play music or watch movies on your Tablet without using earphones, Jawbone sells a portable speaker that has a cord that you insert into your microphone input. It also has bluetooth for your other devices. You can google jawbone jambox to find their site and Amazon also carries it. Barnes and Noble should, too

You mean these?  Jawbone Jambox from BN

Distinguished Scribe
Schwa
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Random fun sidenote to this thread.  The case design for the NC (and by default the NT) is credited to Yves Behar of fuseproject.  The same company that designed many Jawbone products including the Jambox :smileyhappy:

engadget review from Nov 2010