Contributor
suetz52

Printing from Nook Color

This is my 1st post..newbie...so sorry if this question is duplicated...can you print to a wireless printer with Nook Color..if not, are there any plans to do this in the Future?
Inspired Bibliophile
Desert_Brat
0 Kudos

Re: Printing from Nook Color

suetz52 wrote:
This is my 1st post..newbie...so sorry if this question is duplicated...can you print to a wireless printer with Nook Color..if not, are there any plans to do this in the Future?

Hi there and welcome to the nook forums.

Currently there is no way to print from the nook. Darn it! It's a theme that is echoed throughout the thread on the Wishlist for 1.2 upgrade.

It would be a very handy feature.

Happy reading

A lifelong reader, now may my life be long enough to catch up on my reading!
Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

I would love to have that feature. Just imagine copying a phrase that you would never want to forget and have it printed....joy

Distinguished Bibliophile
phoneboy
0 Kudos

You could share the quote, cut n paste to a doc then print. :smileyhappy:
Don 't interfere with somethin' that ain't bothering you none. ~Unknown
Contributor
Supremium
0 Kudos

I do what phoneboy does. I hilight a quote, post it to my facebook, and print from there. Not exactly convenient but it works.

Frequent Contributor
drover8
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

how do you copy n paste?  <or share into facebook>

d.

Reader 4
vettman
0 Kudos

And if it does...

Inspired Bibliophile
compulsivereaderTX
0 Kudos

I just saw a new app for the NookColor that lets you print to a wifi printer or over the internet. . Haven't tried it yet but reviews state there are problems and an update is coming..:

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/PrinterShare-Mobile-Print/Mobile-Dynamix/e/2940043862990?itm=53

Scribe
dfehling
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

drover8 wrote:

how do you copy n paste?  <or share into facebook>

d.

When you are in an ebook (don't know if it works on pdfs), highlight the text you want to share by clicking on the first word, then dragging the end marker to the last word. Then a little popup will open giving you the option to "share". Select Facebook and it will post to your Facebook page. Or select Contacts and email it to yourself. No way to actually copy and paste anything from a book to another app yet though that I know of.

The new print app looks interesting, but it doesn't look like it will print from a book - only pics, docs and web pages. Sounds like they still have some kinks to work out too. I could just hook up my NC to my computer and print off those kinds of files and save the $4.99. 

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. ~Attributed to Groucho Marx
Wordsmith
daenas

compulsivereaderTX wrote:

I just saw a new app for the NookColor that lets you print to a wifi printer or over the internet. . Haven't tried it yet but reviews state there are problems and an update is coming..:

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/PrinterShare-Mobile-Print/Mobile-Dynamix/e/2940043862990?itm=53

I bought it and I'm the reviewer, one of I should say, who left a bad review of the app.  The app maker left out so much information to begin with that it would have made a difference if I were to buy the app or not.

You don't know if your wireless printer will work with it unless you go to the website itself, or buy the app, to see if it will work.  Unfortunately, my year old (open source) Lexmark WiFi printer was not one of them.  Which I really don't understand.  I bought it specificly to be able to use with Linux Ubuntu. 

Anyhow, so I had to download the "Printershare" program from the site and install it into my desktop so I could share my printer w/ my NC over their servers on the net.  Takes about 5 minutes from me hitting print on my NC for it to come to my desktop then printer. 

Then my Printershare program on my desktop was "counting down" from 20-which meant how many pages I had left to be able to print-guessing per month.  I could subscribe and pay a montly fee to be able to print more.  Well this just made me angrier with the app maker and I let them know it.  Hence the up date.  Now it doesn't count down and its unlimited printing-as it should be.

But since the update, I have lost control over some of the printing options like "landscape" or "portrait" printing options and a few others.  I tried printing a simple spreadsheet, one page-just names and words, and it rendered it on 4 pages when it would have been on one very easily.

Simple text and pictures it prints fine.  Even screenshots taken from the NC will print fine, so actually we can print from our e-books-but it has to be an image, so you'll get the bottom bar in the printout as well.

So all in all, it works...but "caveat emptor"

Scribe
dfehling
0 Kudos

Thanks daenas for explaining how it works! 

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. ~Attributed to Groucho Marx
Wordsmith
daenas
0 Kudos

dfehling wrote:

Thanks daenas for explaining how it works! 

YW!  Next time, I won't be in a hurry to purchase an app..lol

Contributor
keliLJ
0 Kudos

Why wouldn't saving it to the Dropbox app work? You'd still have to print from your computer but it could be a quote from a book, etc. Just thinking................

Inspired Wordsmith
MatthewH
0 Kudos

As others have noted, printing from NC is not yet supported. My usual workaround is to capture a screenshot by pressing the "n" button and the volume-down button simultaneously, then sending the screenshot image to myself as an email attachment.
Remember: the big print giveth, the small print taketh away.
Reader
Alisha85
0 Kudos

I found your blog very informative, but I do have a few questions. Were you able to print from quickoffice pro? Was there a list of printers that would be more compatible, so I don't have to install the additional hardware. And do you think the printing would be more compatible with Nook Tablet instead of Nook Color.

New User
operator30
0 Kudos

what a bummer!