Reader 4
soccer-lax-mom
0 Kudos

Problem with Nook buy 1 get 1

this was from Sunday:
  DON'T BOTHER WITH THIS. I WENT INTO THE STORE AND PAID FOR THE 1 BOOK I WANTED AND INDICATED THE BOOK I WANTED FOR FREE. WELL ALMOST 4 HOURS LATER NO EMAIL WITH AN ACCESS CODE. CALLED CS. WASTED 25 MINUTES. CALLED THE STORE. UN-IMPRESSED WITH THE PRINCETON NJ STORE MANAGER. WHERE ARE MY BOOKS? BN HAS MY MONEY. I AM BEYOND PISSED

This is from Monday:
 I called the retail c/s - they couldn't help - they said that they have no access to the info and to call the store - which I did
got a very nice assistant manager (Kristine) who tried to help me.  well she was told that "they" are aware of the problem and that it is affecting a number of stores.  "they" are working on the problem and will send the access codes to the store - NOT TO ME!!
Let see if and when they call me back. and what they say. 
I am really dissappointed with the lack of service and the fact that "they" released this promotion with such bugs

Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur
0 Kudos

Re: Problem with Nook buy 1 get 1

[ Edited ]

Check your receipt for an access code and redemption information.

Reader 4
soccer-lax-mom
0 Kudos

the receipt says check email - thats the problem

very frustrating

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Well, it worked fine for me.  I bought the books, the access codes were on the receipt and I downloaded them, so it's not a universal bug, which generally makes it hard to track down, when something doesn't happen to everyone.

Inspired Wordsmith
whiteginger

soccer-lax-mom wrote:

the receipt says check email - thats the problem

very frustrating

The receipt from my local store also said check email. My local store has been wonderful to work with on this.  They have just called me to say that customer service has received many reports of problems with this promotion--a promotion that I am VERY HAPPY to see, BTW!--and my access codes will probably not arrive in my email for another 12-24 hours.  While this is OK with me (I had not planned to begin reading one of the new books right now anyway),  I know it is frustrating for many.  I am very grateful that my local B&N staff are so nice.   
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Thanks for the update WhiteGinger.

Reader 2
Firebirdchick

I have used this promotion almost every weekend since it started.  The biggest issue I've had is that everytime I'm there it seems like I get someone new who has never done it before.  I end up telling them how to do it.  I have not had any issues getting my access codes.  I always ask for a printed receipt and the access codes are listed right on it.  Hope this helps!