Frequent Contributor
ORLOVS
0 Kudos

Re: Reminder on How to Get a Free Replacement Charger

Well, I too have had big problems with that cord AND with B&N . I had put a few drops of silicon on it to hold it together but that only lasted a week , then gave up. Called the store, no deal, go in and BUY one , no free replacements !  With so many buyers having problems with that cord, you would think they would be ready to dole out new ones. Anyways. I give up, am going to buy either an iPad Mini or Nexus 7.Too bad, I have always liked my Nook Color.

doris

Wordsmith
BruceMcF

ORLOVS wrote:

Well, I too have had big problems with that cord AND with B&N . I had put a few drops of silicon on it to hold it together but that only lasted a week , then gave up. Called the store, no deal, go in and BUY one , no free replacements !  With so many buyers having problems with that cord, you would think they would be ready to dole out new ones. Anyways. I give up, am going to buy either an iPad Mini or Nexus 7.Too bad, I have always liked my Nook Color.

doris

Yes, as 5ivedom noted, the telephone script and the way that people in the store behave are often different, in particular if its still under warranty. On the telephone you are talking to someone reading a script which someone in corporate under pressure from some idiotic bean counters has decided on. When you go into the store, you are either talking to a high turnover minimum wage worker or to an overworked bookseller, either of whom are more likely to give proper customer service than what is says on the telephone script.

Since a Nook Color or Nook Tablet at this point would be used or refurbished, its hit or miss whether it will have a short in the recessed part of the socket and have the same problem of the plug overheating on every recharge and eventually falling apart. The new Nook HD/HD+ don't have the problem, since they changed the design and no longer use the flawed extended-micro-USB plug design.

Frequent Contributor
Bluepen61
0 Kudos

My  2 broken NC power cables are carefully taped with either duct tape (on the standard usb end on one cable) and electrical tape on the smaller end on the other cable.

Not all who wander are lost. ---J. R. R. Tolkien
Nook HD 8 GB, Stock Root and Other Mods
New User
mash77
0 Kudos

this only works if under warranty

Reader
Grandpa_Chet
0 Kudos

These options are all unavailable nowadays, not only if you're out of warranty. B&N store in Houston told me that Nook owners aren't important to B&N any more.

flyingtoastr
Topics: 52
Kudos: 2,855

Yes, I'm sure that's exactly what they said.

Wordsmith
BruceMcF
0 Kudos

flyingtoastr wrote:

Yes, I'm sure that's exactly what they said.

It could have been ~ given the size of B&N's workforce and the starting wage of a part-time employee, there's sure to be a clunker or two in there.

New User
17clever

I am happy with BN support, I called up regarding a lost charger, at first I was told that is not part of the coverage but after a second thought, they decided to ship the part at no cost.

How can I not be a happy BN customer.

You win some and then..........