Contributor
Fred_
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Rhapsody on Nook HD

I'm a new Nook HD owner, and I have an existing Rhapsody subscription that I tried on the Nook HD.  While it works for streaming, files cannot be downloaded to the device because the Nook HD is not on Rhapsody's approved list of devices.

Is this going to be fixed in the future?  It doesn't seem right to offer Rhapsody on the Nook HD without allowing all the features.  People will not be willing to pay for a subscription if they can't install local copies of music for use when they are not in a wi-fi coverage location.

Otherwise, I am very happy with Rhapsody and think it's a great value for the money.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Re: Rhapsody on Nook HD

You should contact Rhapsody to find out why Nook HD+ isn't on the approved list.

Are Nook Tablet and Color on the approved list?

What are some examples of devices on the approved list?

Frequent Contributor
jfender
0 Kudos

I too am a Rhapsody subscriber and have no trouble downloading songs to my HD+. Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app?
Contributor
Fred_
0 Kudos

No, but I will probably try that next, thanks for your reply.

Contributor
Fred_
0 Kudos

5ivedom wrote:

You should contact Rhapsody to find out why Nook HD+ isn't on the approved list.

Are Nook Tablet and Color on the approved list?

What are some examples of devices on the approved list?

The only Nook device on the approved list is the Nook Tablet.

Hopefully the HD and HD+ will appear soon.

Contributor
Fred_
0 Kudos

Tried re-installing, it still has the same problem.
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

If Nook Tablet is on the list then there's a good chance HD and HD+ will be added to the list in the near future. Wonder why they aren't added already. Perhaps Rhapsody team does some testing of how device works or something.

Contributor
Fred_
0 Kudos

Re: Rhapsody on Nook HD - update

I have been in contact with Rhapsody on this issue,  here is a portion of their response:

"We would also like to inform you that you cannot transfer subscription tracks from the computer to the device, this is the reason the app is created for the phones and tablet since it is not compatible to connect with Rhapsody software."

When my Nook HD would not download subscription tracks on it's own, I hooked it up to my PC via the USB cable, started the Rhapsody software, de-authorized my current portable device (Sansa Clip) and authorized the Nook HD.  All this went as expected (I can have only one portable device authorized at a time with my current account) and I attempted to download subscription tracks via the PC.  I then got the message that the device was not authorized to download subscription tracks.  So what they are saying is the Rhapsody software on the PC does not work with phones/tablets and I have to use the Rhapsody app on the Nook HD to download tracks. OK, I understand that now, but the original problem was downloads weren't working that way.

So what I will try is to de-authorize my Sansa Clip via the PC software, then re-install the Rhapsody app from the B&N shop and let it do the authorization of the device, and see if downloads will work then.

Contributor
Fred_
0 Kudos

Re: Rhapsody on Nook HD - update

[ Edited ]

further update: it worked! I can download tracks to the Nook HD now. Problem solved.

By the way, if you want Rhapsody to store downloaded tracks on your SD card instead of internal storage, you have to go into the Rhapsody settings, Advance Settings, Choose music download location, and change the path from /mnt/sdcard to /mnt/ext_sdcard