Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Re: Shelving on NST

moose_tracker wrote:

bklvr896 wrote:

The reason it still shows all of the books is to allow you to put a book on more than one shelf.  For instance, I have a series of books, so I created a shelf for it, but I also put the books on my "Read" or "Unread" shelves, so I know that not only do I have to book, but whether or not I've read it.

I guess, it still seems weird that is the default..  Coming from a physical world of books, I can only shelf a book in one spot.. Coming from a pc world, you need to ask to copy and paste if you want the book to show up in two spots..

Seems like there should be someway to filter out un-shelved books so you know which books still need to be shelfed.

In the PC world, you are actually putting each book in a folder, therefore you would need duplicate copies to put a book in more than one folder.  In the eBook/Android world, you are tagging the book, rather than putting it in multiple folders.  

They do need an "unshelved" shelf, along with other updates.  The N1E had an unshelved shelf, so you could easily see which books had not been shelved, on the NST, there's no way to tell which books haven't been shelved.

Wordsmith
moose_tracker
0 Kudos

bklvr896 wrote:

They do need an "unshelved" shelf, along with other updates.  The N1E had an unshelved shelf, so you could easily see which books had not been shelved, on the NST, there's no way to tell which books haven't been shelved.

OK, then an "unshelved" shelf it is.. That would meet my needs.. So that is my vote for them to get..

Inspired Correspondent
MarkinStLouis
0 Kudos

As someone who started reading ebook on a Palm device years ago, I've quite use to the idea of being able to place a book on multiple shelves. One thing I find frustrating is that the ereader program that I use to use on my Palm is what B&N purchased when they first got into the ebook business, and that software had an excellent shelving system.