Inspired Wordsmith
whiteginger
0 Kudos

Shop on NOOK vs.on web

This morning I checked out the Free Friday selection on my PC, as I do each Friday, and "bought" it for myself.  Then I recommended it to my significant other who was, at the time, working on his PC.  He asked that I get his NOOK HD and buy it for him from the NOOK.

When I went to SHOP, I was excited to find that the home shop page had a "Free Friday" listing in the scrolling section--turned out to be the Free Friday App only, not the Free Friday book.  So I did a search for the title and bought it for him. 

But while in SHOP on his HD, I also saw a "250 Best-Selling titles at 50% off, limited time" offer which I wanted to check out further.  Back on my PC, I went to NOOK Books and could not find the offer.  Only when I went to SHOP on my HD+ was I able to find this particular offer.

I know that there have been many posts/threads about  not having Free Friday books in the Daily and SHOP sections of the NOOK, but finding a NOOKbook sale listed only on the device is a new one for me. Have I been missing out?  

Bibliophile
laurieb52
0 Kudos

Re: Shop on NOOK vs.on web

They are listed on the B&N web page under nook books too, only it says 50% off best sellers until Sunday.

Life's a chair of bowlies...and it's all about Plan B!
Inspired Wordsmith
whiteginger
0 Kudos

laurieb52 wrote:

They are listed on the B&N web page under nook books too, only it says 50% off best sellers until Sunday.

Yep, you are absolutely right.  That was NOT the case earlier this morning(?).  Or at least I don't think that banner was there and I thought I looked the site over pretty thoroughly several times!  :smileyvery-happy: 

Distinguished Bibliophile
MacMcK1957
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

You can find them on the Nook Book home page or here.

Many, but not all, were part of the sale two weekends ago.

Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur
0 Kudos

Thanks for the tip on the sale.  :smileyhappy:

I just picked up Eleanor and Park.  It seems like the entire YA/MG publishing world is raving about it.  So glad I get to see what the fuss is about without breaking the bank.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

whiteginger, the site and the Nook's Shop section aren't always in sync.

Things I've noticed include -

1) Prices being slower to update on Nook. Sometimes by a few hours.

2) Some sales being website only.

3) Some Nook Shop section sales and lists being hard to find on the shop.

Thanks for sharing about the sale.

It's a bit unfortunate most of the books are the same as the last sale.

Inspired Wordsmith
petesnook

Interesting. I received an email about this offer today, but when I click on the link I get a message that says: We're sorry, the offer you are looking for has expired.

But the links you guys posted work.  Thanks.