Contributor
Lavender_Fawkes
0 Kudos

Showing off My New NST!

[ Edited ]

I recently bought the Nook Simple Touch. I think it's a great reader & I really love it. I have a Nook Color as well, but I found that after reading for prolonged periods my eyes would hurt & I'd get headaches. I also wasn't using all the extras like I thought I would, so when I saw the $20 off offer that B&N had for Father's Day, I just couldn't resist getting a Simple Touch. I'm really glad I did! This is my first eInk device & I still can't get over how the screen looks just like a printed page! It's also so light & easy to hold.

Anyway, I love my new little Nook! Here's the Decalgirl skin I chose for it, Sunset on Lamplight Lane by Thomas Kinkade:

Sunset on Lamplight Lane skin.jpg

I've also ordered a simple purple case for it; still waiting for it to arrive. I have my eye on a couple of B&N cases as well. I like to switch up the covers for my gadgets :smileyhappy:

I'd love to see your Nooks as well!

"I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear."
--Martin Luther King, Jr
Distinguished Bibliophile
bobstro
0 Kudos

Re: Showing off My New NST!

[ Edited ]

Your picture didn't come through, but I believe this is the skin you're referring to. I have the Skinomi light wood skin on mine, and quite like it. (I didn't pay that much for it!) The skins really add a lot of personality. I think I'll avoid the zebra skin, though!

The eInk NOOKs are great little devices that fit a real niche. It won't replace my "full" tablet, but I do love having a device that will last for weeks on a single charge, and be readable anyplace I can read a paper book, and then some. Having spent much of last night in a cramped middle plane seat with the guy in front of me in full recline, I really appreciate the compact size. Reading a physical book would have been awkward. It's nice not having to get angsty over fighting for an AC outlet before a flight to have enough juice to make it through. I've taken mine (carefully) to the beach, and had no problem reading in the sun.

I've got the RooCase zip case for mine. I like the "kickstand" prop for reading. In hindsight, the thinner fold-over kickstand version would probably be a sufficient. Either is available in several colors. The zip case does have the removable inner "bikini" case that I pop out for sticking in my bag when space is limited. You can turn the NOOK so the screen faces the stiff back for protection on the move.

Contributor
Lavender_Fawkes
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Yes that's it! I had trouble with the picture. I initially tried linking to it on Flickr (using the little tree icon), but I couldn't get it to show up. Here's the link to it on my Flickr photostream

Your skin is cool! Love the look of the woodgrain :smileyhappy: I like the rooCase too. At first I only wanteds a slipcase, since the ST is so small, but I ultimately opted for this case.

After using the Nook Color almost exclusively for all my reading for the past year, I still can't get over how light the Simple Touch is in comparison. They are great devices for people who are just looking for ereaders. Whenever I travel again, you can bet my NST will be in my purse :smileylol:

--Martin Luther King, Jr
Frequent Contributor
roxmysoxGA
0 Kudos

I've had a N1E, a NC and now a NSTG. I'm loving my little Nookie: it's so lightweight and comfortable to hold and easy on my forty something eyes. Amazing battery life!

I'm resisting the urge so far to root it...I hacked my NC to death, LOL. But there's really no need for me to, since I finally caved and got a smartphone. I got this cover for the NSTG. Wish it was available in more colors.

Correspondent
lindajm22
0 Kudos

roxmysoxGA wrote:

I've had a N1E, a NC and now a NSTG. I'm loving my little Nookie: it's so lightweight and comfortable to hold and easy on my forty something eyes. Amazing battery life!

I'm resisting the urge so far to root it...I hacked my NC to death, LOL. But there's really no need for me to, since I finally caved and got a smartphone. I got this cover for the NSTG. Wish it was available in more colors.

I have the same Speck case for my NSTG but I got it in purple.  Found it at Target for the same price.  Best Nook case so far.  It is the slimmest one I have found with great protection.

Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,263
Solutions: 4
0 Kudos

Here is my NST:

I'm still debating whether to get a NSTG and give my NST away. I almost bought one when I was in B&N yesterday, but the NOOK person wasn't around to indulge my impulse and I was in a bit of a hurry. Heh.
Wordsmith
LectorGS
0 Kudos

Get it, Nallia, get it.....

You won't regret it.  

Lector GS
Contributor
Lavender_Fawkes
0 Kudos

Ooh I love that skin, Nallia!

--Martin Luther King, Jr
Correspondent
lindajm22
0 Kudos

Is that part of the purchase of a skin, the screensaver?  I may have to check those out because that is really cool.

Nallia
0 Kudos

Yep, all DecalGirl skins come with a matching screensaver. :smileyhappy:

I think about it because I do like the light, but I just can't get over the fact that the internal memory is still so small. I know I can use an SD card, but it's the principe of the thing, really. lol
Contributor
mdscriber3
0 Kudos

Gorgeous :smileyhappy:  Did you get the matte or glossy finish?

Pam :smileyhappy:

Nook Tablet 16GB (with CM10 microSD card for added fun)
Nook Simple Touch with Stella light
Nallia
0 Kudos

I got the matte finish. I love how satiny it feels and how it never shows fingerprints. And since the NST isn't shiny, I think it looks better. :smileyhappy:
Contributor
mdscriber3
0 Kudos

Very cool.  Now I just need to choose which design I want ... :smileywink:

Pam :smileyhappy:

Nook Tablet 16GB (with CM10 microSD card for added fun)
Nook Simple Touch with Stella light
Nallia
0 Kudos