Reader
Fey_elder
0 Kudos

Simple Touch update

What about the widely reported update to 1.5?

Distinguished Bibliophile
MacMcK1957
0 Kudos

Re: Simple Touch update

[ Edited ]

Fey_elder wrote:

What about the widely reported update to 1.5?

Reported or rumored?  I hadn't even seen a version number before, since the current version is at 1.2.1.

Edit:

I just saw a reference in another thread.  1.5 was an update to the first editiion Nook, three years ago.

keriflur
0 Kudos

There was a RUMOR that the NST/G were going to get an update, called 1.5, to install a properly working browser.  It seems this rumor was false, as rumors often are, or at the very least premature.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Yes, it's very strange though. Lots and lots of sites covered it and they seemed very confident about exactly what would be in the update.

Hopefully it just got delayed.

bobstro

[ Edited ]

Thank god we still have the Onion for reliable  news. They always seem to have the stories nobody else will report.

When was 1.2.1 released? I lost track after 1.1.2.

Inspired Correspondent
bugeek
0 Kudos

There's a industry conference that's either ending or ended this week. Book Expo I think its called. There's still plenty of time for them to push out something after.
Mercury_Glitch
0 Kudos

1.2.1 was in November 2012 or thereabouts if I recall correctly.

The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills, and we are only the thread of the Pattern.
keriflur
0 Kudos

bugeek wrote:
There's a industry conference that's either ending or ended this week. Book Expo I think its called. There's still plenty of time for them to push out something after.

BEA ended last week.  It's more something that buyers attend, not tech devs, so I don't think the delay is related.

Inspired Correspondent
bugeek
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Its buyers but theres a lot of ereader and digital media eals discussed. Beg to differ since a release of an update affects marketing folks and tech support Dept's. Esp if it goes awry. Marketing = Damage and Bad Publicity control
keriflur

bugeek wrote:
Its buyers but theres a lot of ereader and digital media eals discussed. Beg to differ since a release of an update affects marketing folks and tech support Dept's. Esp if it goes awry. Marketing = Damage and Bad Publicity control

Actually that's Public Relations, not Marketing.  And given B&N's past bad releases and poor handling of bad releases, I think it's safe to say that neither of these departments are involved in software releases.