New User
glove4
0 Kudos

Sound Quality w/ Music App on Nook HD different from other music apps?

Is anyone else having this issue?  Using a quality pair of headphones, with music on my sd card, the stock music app has noticeably inferior sound quality compared to listening to the exact same song with the eMusic or Spotify apps.  Or put another way, the Spotify and eMusic apps seem to have completely normal audio playback whereas the stock music app seems to be playing music with an odd EQ setting that I can't turn off.  Is this a known issue?  I can't seem to figure this one out.  There is nothing at all in Settings related to the Music app. 

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Re: Sound Quality w/ Music App on Nook HD different from other music apps?

I'm not enough of an audiophile to tell you about sound quality.

However, I couldn't find any settings in the Music App or anywhere else. I was under the impression there were settings, but it seems not.

Can't find settings for Nook Color Music Player either.

New User
golfchance
0 Kudos

Yeah, I discovered the same issue, much to my dismay.  There seems to be a crazy bass and treble boost, making music virtually unlistenable, and there are no tone controls whatsoever to correct it. 

I didn't expect much from the tiny built-in speakers, but I figured it would sound good when I connected my high quality headphones.  No such luck.  I really hope they fix this, as I had hoped to use the nook HD as a music player.

Wordsmith
BruceMcF
0 Kudos

golfchance wrote:

Yeah, I discovered the same issue, much to my dismay.  There seems to be a crazy bass and treble boost, making music virtually unlistenable, and there are no tone controls whatsoever to correct it. 

I didn't expect much from the tiny built-in speakers, but I figured it would sound good when I connected my high quality headphones.  No such luck.  I really hope they fix this, as I had hoped to use the nook HD as a music player.

What would be a fix? Would four EQ settings covering a range of EQ levels from the current EQ through moderate treble and bass boost, flat EQ and midrange boost be sufficient?