Distinguished Correspondent
gabourele

Spotify and Pandora here officially on hd and hd+

So how happy was I when I connected my HD+ to wifi this morning to see Pandora and Spotify automatically downloading to my device. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you especially for Spotify.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Distinguished Bibliophile
patgolfneb
0 Kudos

Re: Spotify and Pandora here officially on hd and hd+

Hopefully this is a good sign. BN has had kind of a rocky start with the new devices app compatability.  It will be chaos if there are a lot of new users forced to deal with glitches Dec.25.

Contributor
Nedrick
0 Kudos

I don't have it on mine yet. Hopefully it is rolling out in stages. (Fingers crossed)

Inspired Contributor
Gottaluvit
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Just checked my HD + and found I also now have pandora ( playing now :smileyvery-happy: ) Spotify and crosswords apps . I had to check in my apps to find them .. I was online this morning also I never saw them download  ..  Thanks BN !!! 

Inspired Contributor
Michael_the_Writer
0 Kudos

While I appreciate having these apps available, I'd rather have seen them as optional downloads from the Shop. For one, the Pandora app appears to have ads. I don't want to seem ungrateful but I prefer the one from the Play Store. It does seem as intrusive. Wish I could move this app to the Cloud but I can't.
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Michael, I'd also like the option to remove all the in-built ads. They are just clutter for me since I use none of them except Netflix.

Inspired Contributor
Logician
0 Kudos

Wouldn't upgrading from the free app be the option to remove all the in-built ads?

New User
chajohn
0 Kudos

I know you mentioned both hd and hd+ getting pandora, but has anyone with an hd gotten it yet? I haven't received it on ours yet and that's probably our biggest complaint about the device. Just curious if it's only an HD+ thing.

Bibliophile
Schwa
0 Kudos

chajohn wrote:

I know you mentioned both hd and hd+ getting pandora, but has anyone with an hd gotten it yet? I haven't received it on ours yet and that's probably our biggest complaint about the device. Just curious if it's only an HD+ thing.

Should be both.  Check to see if you have at least software 2.0.2 and if not, checking for an update will get you the latest v2.0.4

If that doesn't work try a power cycle/soft reset (hold power for 20 secs then restart) and see if that "grabs" the apps. Should be 3 apps, Pandora, Spotify and Crosswords.

After that I'm stumped.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

My mistake. I meant all the in-built 'apps' like Hulu Plus and others.

Bibliophile
laurieb52
0 Kudos

To reiterate,

I have them on my HD. All three apps actually showed up before I downloaded the update.

Life's a chair of bowlies...and it's all about Plan B!
New User
chajohn
0 Kudos

weird. We have 2.04, but no pandora, etc. Tried doing the soft reset and that didn't seem to pop up with anything new. Any other suggestions?

New User
chajohn
0 Kudos

correction. Now have it on my wife's profile, but not on mine. That was the whole reason I didn't see it. Any ideas on transferring from one to the other?

Correspondent
Wulfraed
0 Kudos

Uhm... Edit (your) profile, Manage Content?
Baron Wulfraed
New User
chajohn
0 Kudos

worked just fine. Thanks for the help!

Inspired Contributor
Logician
0 Kudos

Well, then upgrading wouldn't help - haha.

Reader
Doreen769
0 Kudos

I have a better one, maybe someone can help...  I have an HD+, I had spotify, Hulu plus, pandora, and 2 weeks ago, my nook had a meltdown, and I had to do that erase and derigister, and now they are gone.

The Nook is on update 2.05 but I still can't find or get those apps back... any ideas????

Correspondent
Wulfraed
0 Kudos

Have you confirmed that they aren't just being hidden by your profile? See my reply #14 above.

Baron Wulfraed
Reader
Doreen769
0 Kudos

I wouldn't think they are hiding as mine is the only profile on it

Correspondent
Wulfraed
0 Kudos

Doesn't matter. It still has the visibility database which could be glitched.

A month ago I had issues for two subscriptions appear on my First Edition but only one showed on the HD+; finally found the other -- hidden due to profile content settings.

Baron Wulfraed