Contributor
misschinadoll

Stop complaining

I think I'm going to buy a kindle fire... Barnes & Nobles nook customers complain too much.

Inspired Contributor
jimmy1
0 Kudos

Re: Stop complaining

Goodbye.
You laugh at me because I am different, I laugh at you because you are all the same.

Running MIUI 2.4.6
Distinguished Scribe
Sun_Cat

misschinadoll wrote:

I think I'm going to buy a kindle fire... Barnes & Nobles nook customers complain too much.

Yes, but we're so witty and entertaining when we complain. Unlike many of the Kindle folks, who are just plain nasty.

Seriously, though, be sure to read the Kindle forums too.

Please visit me on Goodreads. Currently reading:
Journey Into Now by Leonard Jacobson
Distinguished Bibliophile
bobstro

misschinadoll wrote:

You could just skip the posts that don't interest you. SInce this is B&N's support forum, you shouldn't be too shocked to find problems  (real and preceived) being discussed here. I'm sure you'll find this to be true on any support forum.

Inspired Scribe
orb9220
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Yep sorry I don't get the OP's Complaining about Complainers  :smileysurprised:

As find this same spread of opinions,love,hate,satsifaction,dissatisfaction in Every forum whatever the Device or Subject.

And can assure you it is no different in the Kindle or Fire forums.

"All I Know is...Last Night the Tele-Tubbies came out of the wall and Held Me Down while they put Devices in my Head!"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/orb9220/
BN_AlexG
Topics: 68
Kudos: 519
Solutions: 41
0 Kudos

This message has been moved for violation of Community Guidelines.

patgolfneb

I feel their is some validity to the OP point. A significant number of the complaint posts seem uneccessarialy nasty. Explaining what you have a concern about, expressing your frustration and how you feel things could be improved is what mature people do. Internet forums seem to have significant numbers who act like toddlers. Cheap shots at BN, other posters, inability to recognize others point of view may have merit. Self serving arguments and points of view are expressed with fanatical zeal, behavior that outside of the online world would be considered evidence of borderline personality disorders or worse is exhibited on almost a daily basis.
Distinguished Correspondent
Keystoneco
0 Kudos

China Doll,

I guess all I can say is seeya!

If you aren't happy, then by all means leave and go to a kindle fire.  There are complaints with evey consumer product.  Get real!

bobstro

patgolfneb wrote:
I feel their is some validity to the OP point. A significant number of the complaint posts seem uneccessarialy nasty. Explaining what you have a concern about, expressing your frustration and how you feel things could be improved is what mature people do. Internet forums seem to have significant numbers who act like toddlers. Cheap shots at BN, other posters, inability to recognize others point of view may have merit. Self serving arguments and points of view are expressed with fanatical zeal, behavior that outside of the online world would be considered evidence of borderline personality disorders or worse is exhibited on almost a daily basis.

Don't forget gross generalizations.

Distinguished Correspondent
gnkc
0 Kudos

bobstro wrote:

patgolfneb wrote:

Hopefully you're just adding a point to a very accurate post by patgolfneb - especially the "Self serving arguments and points of view are expressed with fanatical zeal" sentence.

If, on the other hand, this is a backhanded way of saying that patgolfneb's post is so generalized as to be meaningless then you are way off base.

Contributor
misschinadoll
0 Kudos

OK first people like you complain about little things that makes no sense at all.

I've read post where people don't understand how to use the device but instead of asking for help they pitch about,and for the get real common..I don't think I can get more real than this.

Wordsmith
BruceMcF
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

bobstro wrote:

Yes, everybody always forgets gross overgeneralizations.

OK first people like you complain about little things that makes no sense at all.

I've read post where people don't understand how to use the device but instead of asking for help they pitch about,and for the get real common..I don't think I can get more real than this.

What makes you think its any different in the Kindle support forums? Different people understand different things, different people have different approaches to handling the problems they encounter ~ it takes all kinds of people to make up the world.

Its not as if this is the only Nook Color forum in the world ~ there's one at xda-developers, there's one at Mobile Reads ... there'll be more, each with their own distinctive forum culture.

... but complaining about people who make complaints that make no sense at all when your original post is that you are going to buy a different device because you don't like the fact that people use the General Discussion forum as a support forum ... its self-referential, or, IOW, recursive.

Distinguished Scribe
Sun_Cat

[ Edited ]

Okay, folks. Time to stop feeding the troll. This one has us bickering among ourselves as well as responding to irrationalities.

Please visit me on Goodreads. Currently reading:
Journey Into Now by Leonard Jacobson
Frequent Contributor
kcladyz
0 Kudos

I bet if we go to the kindle fire forum he is saying the same thing about kindle owners!  lol

Inspired Contributor
Wylee
0 Kudos

If you do get a kindle, I'm sure you will find there are

things kindle owners complain about too..

But you will probably want to stay with the B & N forums...

I ventured over to the KindleBook forum for a couple weeks...

and I still haven't quite recovered.  They are like a pack of wolves!

"Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body."
~Richard Steele~

"My test of a good novel is dreading to begin the last chapter."
~Thomas Helm~
Frequent Contributor
kcladyz
0 Kudos

i went and done it. i bought a kindle fire on ebay bheap. i moved to the dark side

Inspired Contributor
BeachCatFan

Wylee wrote:

If you do get a kindle, I'm sure you will find there are

things kindle owners complain about too..

But you will probably want to stay with the B & N forums...

I ventured over to the KindleBook forum for a couple weeks...

and I still haven't quite recovered.  They are like a pack of wolves!

I think this is true of any user forums. Have you ever been on a smartphone user forum when people felt that the manufacturer "owed" them an upgraded OS and they either didn't get one or it was released later than they thought it should be? Those boards get so ridiculous that you need full body armor on just to read the posts!! Lawsuits are threatened, mods are cussed out and called names, and Facebook pages are made..........if it didn't get so hostile and scary, it would be funny!!

If you attempt to research any electronic device before you purchase it by reading user forums, chances are you will never buy ANY device! So, my guess is that the OP should probably stay away from the forums until she actually makes a purchase and has questions regarding the use of that device...LOL

Frequent Contributor
KD67
0 Kudos

misschinadoll wrote:

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!

Frequent Contributor
kcladyz
0 Kudos

Both are good devices but Kindle Fire is built for movies and music also and you can bypass security settings to download android apps without having to root or buy an extra n2a card.

Wordsmith
BruceMcF
0 Kudos

kcladyz wrote:

Both are good devices but Kindle Fire is built for movies and music also and you can bypass security settings to download android apps without having to root or buy an extra n2a card.

The Nook Color is supposed to be a color ereader plus extras ... the fact that at $170, $135 used, it can stream from Netflix or from m.crunchyroll is pretty good.

But comparing the Nook Color to the Kindle Fire as a movie player is comparing apples to oranges. Its the Nook Tablet that's actually designed to stream movies, and it does higher quality movie streaming than the Kindle Fire.