Contributor
Arcanite
0 Kudos

Re: Strategy games for Nook Color?

Hero Quest & Space Crusade -type games would be nice, and also the ability to play the strategy/board games with multiple players over the network would be really really nice. Carcassone gets my vote as well!

Frequent Contributor
GameAmour

Thank you all for your comments! We listen!

I just wanted to mention that we have published a new board game Reversi Deluxe:

Reversi Deluxe     

Available now on your NC!

The game features fun 3 computer players (by the level of difficulty) with unique personalities in single-player mode. You can also challenge a friend and make your NC a table top board for Reversi with a unique hot-seat design. 

Please, let us know what you think!

Game Amour - Nook Apps developer and publisher

♥ NOOK Apps: Pigs Can Fly, Add-O-Matic, Vampires Vs Werewolves, Reversi Deluxe
Contributor
southpawami
0 Kudos

Would like:

4 way chess... with 4 player options

3d chess(3 boards over each other) - with 2 player options

hanafuda - with 4 player options

go - with 2 player options

spades - 4 player options

New User
phil55
0 Kudos

Stay simple at first. You're not going to be able to find an enormous market niche at first, but, here's what you must know: a really good strategic game application will keep your base very loyal, but I understand the software developers must pick and choose what's best.

Here's my take. Do market research on who are the most loyal gameplayers, and what games they play. Allow for network games. Trust me, you'll win the apps war hands down.

Here's my list:

Diplomacy - simple, yet entertaining.

Simple strategic board games from the WWII, Civil, or Napoleonic wars.

A classic wooden ships and iron men game originally from avalon hill.

A simple hex-based RPG - simple but make it multiplayer over a network.

Possible? I'm sure it is. The problem is, finding and marketing the killer application, finding the loyal gameplayers, and advertising like mad. You just need one to hook the community, but make it a strategic game played by adults. It's a really tough world with all the competition, but it's your best hope.

Good luck.

Correspondent
Yatta99
0 Kudos

I would very, very, very much appreciate a version of Mahjongg that played REAL Mahjongg. Not the tile matching games that are mis-named Mahjongg. Hong Kong rules would probably be most popular but Japanese Riichi rules would be awesome. And if you could make it so that you could play online (vs real people) OR offline (vs computer opponents) it would really rock. I'd even put you on my Christmas Card list :smileywink:

Another good board/strategy game to get to market ..... TALISMAN! Oh the numerous, sleepless nights spent playing that. Just the basic set would be fine, no need for the bazillion expansion packs ... at least to start.

Contributor
AgileFusion
0 Kudos

We have released an new strategy game: Bugs Tower Defense

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/books/e/2940043862266?workid=1107444300

Screen shot

New User
allbaseball77
0 Kudos

I would LOVE to see games like Age of Empires on the nook. Thank you very much!!!

~Matt

Contributor
swbarnes2
0 Kudos

One of the early Final Fantasies would be great, if you could get the license.

Maybe this isn't quite strategy, but more games like Carcassone!  Setters of Catan, Ticket to Ride, Race for the Galaxy, Dominion (I know that's not out yet).  Pretty much anything that's ever won a Spiel des Jahres.

Contributor
Phenicia_Barimen
0 Kudos

I"ll echo something akin to Age of Empires where you have to build and conquer would be great.

Go is something also many of us well loved for many intellectual battles.

Inspired Contributor
Wylee
0 Kudos

I'm hoping to find Alchemy in Nook Apps, or something very very similar.  thanks.

"Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body."
~Richard Steele~

"My test of a good novel is dreading to begin the last chapter."
~Thomas Helm~
Inspired Scribe
orb9220
0 Kudos

If running CM7 android OS and not default B&N then have a lot more options.

Space Strategy games are popular.

15 Space Strategy Games for Your Android Device

"All I Know is...Last Night the Tele-Tubbies came out of the wall and Held Me Down while they put Devices in my Head!"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/orb9220/
Contributor
aikiboy
0 Kudos

Just found this thread, but can I put in a plug for Go, too?  Yeah, there's a market.

Contributor
milik
0 Kudos

I like strategy games too. But if you want to make a good strategic game than you have to combine "wide vstrategic options, good effects and good usage interface" other tgings are optional, like real time or turn based strategy. You just have to be original, you dont have to choose one of these, you can make half turn based and half real time strategy. Anyway, both kinds has its own funs , but as i see you are making advertisement more than discussing the game kind. That's not honesty....
New User
Fyredrake
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I know this is quite late but...

You said (in reply to Lloyd):

"I think you are talking about an emulator to run the console games? Unfortunately, we cannot do that due to the copyright/legal issues."

It has been ruled in a court of law that emulators are not illegal or an infringement of copyright, it is when people download and use copyrighted game files to use on said emulator that it becomes illegal, but the emulator itself is not illegal.

New User
UninjuredFist
0 Kudos

If this has not been brought to your attention before now, I'd be glad to. There are absolutely no Go (aka Baduk, Weiqi) apps for the the Nook. Not one. I was very disappointed by this fact as a new one comes out every day for android. I suspect many others feel the same way. Think you could add this to your list of games? You'd make a lot of people very happy.