Frequent Contributor
qballrail
0 Kudos

Thanks For Nothing

Apparently this is an employee board.  A very biased one at that.  Figured I'd get some sympathy and a little non-biased help& understanding but no, all I get is contempt.  I will very likely be returning my nook, too.  I don;'t want to do business with a company that condones such poor treatment of customers.  Nice try at fooling people, there is no doubt you are employees.  God forbid anyone should say anything against the "wonderful customer service." Barnes & Noble has crappy customer service, period.  Feel free to reply without impunity, this is my final post.  I feel badly for your next unsuspecting victim.  I don;t have time for your garbage anymore than I need it from your revered customer service.  You waste time picking apart people's posts for your enjoyment and apparently BN condones it.  I'll have no part of it.

"I have known some very thoughtful dogs" - James Thurber
Distinguished Bibliophile
deemure

Re: Thanks For Nothing

[ Edited ]

Wow. Many people have told you CS does have problems, many have tried to help you. Many gave suggestions, and offered information, and have done so for no other reason than that they like to help. B&N doesn't pay us anything and if you had done some reading here you would note that we are critical where it is deserved based upon our firsthand knowledge. Are we supposed to complain about things that haven't happened to us when we post? I, for instance have posted issues I have, things I have not liked, but I do not share your opinion that they don't help anyone or the blanket statement that they don't care at all about their customers. That is hyperbole and based upon your experiences. I also would not post that they have the bestest sooper de dooper CS just because I have had good experiences. Neither is an accurate picture and both of our experiences are our own. One of your earliest posts said that B&N had wronged you and you make someone that has wronged you pay for it. This is not a good attitude to enter with if seeking help from people that are basically ok with a company and the item sold. And you weren't making them pay, but were unwilling to listen to or accept any help offered. Roustabout and Ya_Ya are 2 that I recall that tried to give info, and bklvr896. People did try to help, but you kept changing things and acting as if people were dumb for not knowing what you had not told them. This is not the way to treat people especially when you want help.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.
New User
formernookowner

I agree with you qballrail, this is the worst board I have ever had the displeasure of joining. Most here seemed to be vultures preying on those who showed any sign of not being an NC fanboy. Thre are some here who are very helpful, but for the most part it sadly is not the case.

I finally got fed up, got rid of the NC, bought a Kindle and an ipad. Yes, it did kind of defeat the purpose of trying to have everything on one device, but in reality, the Kindle has been better for me, and the iPad, well it just goes without saying.

No more struggling with reading what i want, trying to find an app that works, etc. The ipad is seamless and works just like it should from the first start up, the Kindle, well it has it's drawbacks, but I have had ZERO problems wih it, and i am reading all of the books that i have purchased. Sorry, but Amazon just seems to have what I am looking for, almost all the time.

You got to remember, you are dealing with a group of individuals who have a lot to say, but no one to listen to them. Here thay can blissfully hide and be what is they are not in the real world. Here they have many other losers to pat them on the back, hold their hands and tell them how bright and witty they are.

Good luck to you, and I agree, B&N blows, and so do most, but not all, who live here in this cyber world of losers.

Distinguished Scribe
richardwrite25
0 Kudos

If we're employees, doesn't that make you an employee, too?  

Wordsmith
gandalf1369
0 Kudos

richardwrite25 wrote:

If we're employees, doesn't that make you an employee, too?  

Your right Richard, it does make him an employee . . . . . The question is - employee of what company??  :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

**** He Who Dies With The Most Toys Wins ****
Inspired Correspondent
DanRNJ

Folks, at this point perhaps it would be best to head the signs and "Don't feed the trolls"?

Contributor
ArcadeToken
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Yes, you've done figured us out qball.  We're all secretly in the employ of Barnes & Noble.

Talk about a drama queen.

Correspondent
IzzysNook
0 Kudos

I agree with you on B&N's customer service.  It's bad.  Actually, it's worse than bad -- it's pathetic.  But...rather than waste your time posting about it here (which will get you nowhere), why not send a letter to them?  It may not resolve whatever problems you're having (probably won't since B&N doesn't actually appear to have much consideration for their customers), but at least it will make you feel better and you'll have a paper trail...at least you'll have tried.

Distinguished Scribe
normysmom
0 Kudos

Good luck...I hope you find what you are looking for!
Nothing like a fire, a cat and a good Nook!
deemure
0 Kudos

The thing is, CS anywhere is a personal experience, not representative and not evidence of overwhelming good or bad anywhere. For every company there are stories of exceptional service and of disastrous, horrble service. There are also those that skew reviews one way or another for their own reasons. Consider this, if you use customer reviews on travel sites, more often than not whether good or bad someone is paying for the review. Sure, there are authentic stories of good and bad service, but some hotels will pay people to trash the competition or they just post their own reviews. Then, consider purchased products. To be honest, I have had horrible experiences with Amazon, Best Buy, Target, Meijer, Sears, Virgin Mobile, to name a few. But, I have also had good. Which is representative? The bad experiences have sometimes been deplorable and the good, sometimes wonderful. At Target, both happened in one experience. Which is more interesting to talk about, the employee calling me a liar in front of 20 other customers or the girl in CS that got the store manager involved because he did so? I have had only good experiences with B&N CS with one minor exception that most likely was a misunderstanding and was instantly taken care of. I cannot tell you that their CS is just hunky dory, tiptop perfect, and you can't tell me it is deplorable, disgusting, crappy, poo poo. We've had different experiences. It is so everywhere. We can't and should not argue because we have had different experiences, but should realize that all CS is people, humans that err, that misunderstand, or mis-state or do not correctly communicate. Sadly, it is also quite often companies choosing to sacrifice quality for savings and such.
"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.
Correspondent
IzzysNook

Customer Service Scoreboard rates B&N's cs as 'terrible'.  Out of a possible score of 200 (which would have been 'Excellent') B&N got a miserable 27 LOL!

I think they're rivaling old Blockbuster before they went bankrupt.  They have similar pathetic models -- both outsourced to countries that have little knowledge of the English language, both employed reps that have little or no knowledge of device or operating procedure.

Not that they care.  But I did have a good laugh and 'I told you so' moment when Blockbuster went belly-up.

Consequently, I buy my books from Amazon and convert them :smileyhappy:  Their cs is stellar and in all the years I've done business with them I've never had a bad experience.

The difference between them and B&N is night and day.

Wordsmith
ProfReader
0 Kudos

IzzysNook wrote:

Customer Service Scoreboard rates B&N's cs as 'terrible'.  Out of a possible score of 200 (which would have been 'Excellent') B&N got a miserable 27 LOL!

I think they're rivaling old Blockbuster before they went bankrupt.  They have similar pathetic models -- both outsourced to countries that have little knowledge of the English language, both employed reps that have little or no knowledge of device or operating procedure.

Not that they care.  But I did have a good laugh and 'I told you so' moment when Blockbuster went belly-up.

Consequently, I buy my books from Amazon and convert them :smileyhappy:  Their cs is stellar and in all the years I've done business with them I've never had a bad experience.

Wow their rating is based on 289 total comments, that makes it definatively worthless. 

deemure
0 Kudos

Exactly, really relevant sampling. Especially considering the number of nooks and NCs sold on top of other sales. And, again the sampling here of one saying Amazon's CS is just ducky is as relevant as my sampling of one that says that's not always so. I have had some awful experiences with non-English speaking CS reps at Amazon. In some cases I have tried to explain to them what an item was supposed to be that they were selling and that the one I got was the wrong thing. It took me 45 minutes to get them to understand and I went through several reps. Most were all but impossible for me to understand. On another occasion, they sent out a $900 item to me before charging my credit card. My cc company questioned the purchase when they did charge for it, because it was not typical for me. But Amazon never waited for the security check the cc company was doing and then sent me some nasty emails regarding the order. I had to call and again got someone that did not speak English well and was accusatory, as if I was trying to defraud them-from what I could understand. Why on earth they would ship before payment is beyond me, but very worrisome. Does this mean Amazon is a stinky poophead? Well, for me, yes. At least on some occasions. The thing is, this happened on every occasion where I had to contact them. Statistically, there's not that much difference between 1 in 3 million and 30 in 3 million. And, the relevance of any sampling is based upon when, where, how, and how many people were asked. And, satisfied customers are less likely to answer surveys or talk about experiences. Brand loyal customers are more likely. B&N has had little time to develop brand loyalty as others have.
Correspondent
IzzysNook

And a whopping 13 out of nearly 300 thought it was ok :smileyhappy:

Hmmmmm.

Keep trying to put lipstick on that pig LOL.

Bibliophile
bklvr896

ProfReader wrote:

IzzysNook wrote:

Wow their rating is based on 289 total comments, that makes it definatively worthless. 

Not to mention, people who are unhappy write comments on forums, boards, etc.  People with positive experiences rarely take the time to write or call about.  Whenever I am reading reviews before buying something, I always remember that they are going more than likely skewed to negative side in most cases.

Wordsmith
ProfReader
0 Kudos

IzzysNook wrote:

Hmmmmm.

It would  only be relevent if B&N only had 289 customers.

deemure
0 Kudos

IzzysNook wrote:

Hmmmmm.

And keep ignoring whatever anyone else says. Random samplings rarely are random. And those that compile statistics for a living would say that's a small sampling. Some surveys also have pre-qualfication questions. I have taken many. Some don't pre-qualify and I have been asked questions that I could not answer. But, most people will still answer. Take some time to read some of the "reviews" of ebooks on the B&N site, or apps. And then do some research about how people felt about Amazon and the Kindle when the books "1984" and "Animal Farm" were removed from their Kindles. The seller of the books did not have the legal right to sell them, so Amazon did what they had to do, and then apologized and gave gift certificates and such. But, the number of one star reviews for the Kindle quickly brought its average down to three stars. The thing is, most people are primed for negative reactions to companies. They don't call CS until there's a problem and they are most often already frustrated, even angry. It takes very little to push them over the edge. And B&N was not prepared for the success of the NC or the support needed. And, yes unfortunately outsourcing has been the worst thing companies could do fo a variety of reasons. There seems to be little follow up and no accountability as to just how awful such CS is, and what it actually does to a company's bottom line. They do it to save money and B&N has been investing a lot of their money in advancing their technology, but I wouldn't be surprised if that "cheap" CS costs companies money. Shortterm thinking is a real disease in business today.
Contributor
gryjl

I don't know about all of B&N CS but the 2 times I have needed and used them they were there. Replace 2 N1g for me. Both was done in about 3/4 days. I don't know but maybe sometimes we ask too much or there just isn't an answer think a lot of the time we get mad and angered at the CS rep and they really can't do what we want. I also know that some are just bad too but that's in every thing. Its like getting mad at the waitress because the cook burnt your stake. Its not her fault

Anyway just my 2 cents

Inspired Correspondent
NC-Kindle
0 Kudos

Stopped by to see what's going on.  Ho-hum.  Back to football.

"If it wasn't for football, there wouldn't be any football."  (a comedian whose name escapes recollection.)

Distinguished Scribe
richardwrite25

IzzysNook said:

>>Not that they care. But I did have a good laugh and 'I told you so' moment when Blockbuster went belly-up.<<

Yes, because thousands of people out of work is such a hysterical thing.