Contributor
onemissa
0 Kudos

Thoughts on Nook HD

Well Ive had mine for a couple days now and honestly Im not too impressed. Kind of wish I would have kept my nook color. Also makes me unhappy that I spent $200 for nothing.
Distinguished Correspondent
northlite

Re: Thoughts on Nook HD

[ Edited ]

If you really feel that way then return it. You have two weeks and you can buy another Nook Color with the return money.

I can't give you any other thoughts on the HD because mine is on the UPS truck trundling around town. It should be here within the hour. I can't wait!

My Nook Touch is named Buzz Lightyear! Together we go to infinity and beyond! B&N, please restore the ability to name our Nooks!
Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur

onemissa wrote:
Well Ive had mine for a couple days now and honestly Im not too impressed. Kind of wish I would have kept my nook color. Also makes me unhappy that I spent $200 for nothing.

I agree with northlite - if you regret buying it you should return it.  But if for some reason you're not going to return it, what are you disappointed with?  Is it anything that we might be able to help you with?

Frequent Contributor
LoganK

Compared to the Nook Color, it should be a huge step forward.

HD video content.

Accurate touchscreen.

Better display.

Faster loading of books.

More responsive interface.

Better web browser.

The core reading experience won't be significantly improved, but the sharper fonts (especially at very small and very large sizes) and better touch screen (not having to tap things multiple times) should be noticeable.

About the only major step backward (unless you simply dislike the interface) is that you can't use standard USB cables anymore.

Inspired Wordsmith
BFCoughlin
0 Kudos

So take it back now while you still can.  No point keeping something that doens't make you happy.

Frequent Contributor
LoganK
0 Kudos

To inject some additional positivity...

The Nook Color/Tablet had an interesting Back feature (tab at the top of the page) when clicking links (in books) that was great in theory. It disappeared after a few seconds with no way to bring it back up, so it was never useful unless I read really fast and the link (usually a footnote) was really short.

The new Nook reader software continues to offer the option of "Go back to page nn" in the page slider, and it is quite welcome. (Usually publishers work around the lack of this feature by also including a link back to your previous location, but this doesn't always work out if multiple locations in the book link to the same destination, such as a bibliography.)