New User
jenjen15
0 Kudos

Transfer files

Hello everyone, i'm new here so do forgive me if this is a silly question.

I'm in the uk by the way, the Uk Nook web site doesn't appear to have a forum!

I'm trying to transfer all my ebooks from my Nook to Nook for PC. I've connected my Nook and the PC recognises it, and when i'm logged on to the Nook PC i sync, but it won't transfer all of my books over!

It's transfered some but there are still 15 or so that won't go over.

Any help on this matter would be great.

Thanks...............Jen

Frequent Contributor
geertm

Re: Transfer files

Connecting the Nook to your PC is unnecessary. Nook for PC syncs with your B&N library on B&N's server. If you have "special" books (not just plain text) some may not be compatible with Nook for PC.

Inspired Contributor
robertVA
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

For "enhanced" books (often the case with interactive titles and ones with lots of illustrations) and some periodicals you will need Nook Color, Nook Tablet, Nook HD or Nook HD+. On the B&N online shop look for a link to a compatible device list near the price.

The ability to transfer material purchased from a B&N from a reader to a computer varies depending which nook you are using. Please include the nook model and software version with future posts. For a computer with broadband internet access it might be easier to download your B&N purchases directly from B&N to the computer in the B&N reader application, but you may need to open each individual item's "options" and click the "download" button. B&N reader software on other brands of tablets may have similar procedures.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Can you list which 15 books are not transferring over? IT's probably what the earlier poster said - They might be 'Enhanced Editions'.

New User
jenjen15
0 Kudos

Hello, thanks for all your replies.

The Nook i have is a Simple touch glow.

Strangely, yesterday my account wasn't showing up over half of my books, but today they are all showing apart from one, which is The Billionaires Daughter.

Not sure why they are all showing now.

The reason  i wanted to transfer my book to the PC, is because i'm going to sell my Nook and replace it with a kindle, as i'm unable to get half the books i want here in the UK.  Whereas with the Kindle you haven't a problem getting everything you want.

Jenny.

Inspired Wordsmith
whiteginger
0 Kudos

I've just read that with the new HD/HD+ update--GooglePlay, etc.--the Kindle app works on the HD/HD+.  If the current  B&N sale prices on the HD (starting at $149 or $50 off)  and HD+ (starting at $179 or $90 off) are available to you,  you might want to look at those NOOKS as well as the Kindle. :smileyhappy: 

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

What WhiteGinger said.

Nook HD at $149 and Nook HD+ at $179 is a LOT better than the corresponding Kindle Fire HDs.

And you can use Kindle Fire App via Google Play Store to read it.

Note: I'm not sure of exact UK prices but a sale is going on there too.