Reader 2
Guccisox
0 Kudos

UPDATE UPDATE

I watched the presentation of the Nook Color on HSN this morning, and the guy said that HSN customers are "guaranteed" to get the update by the end of April, and "who knows" when everyone else will get theirs.  I personally think that everyone will have an equal chance at being one of the first ones to get the update, but I thought the interesting part of this was the fact that he said "guaranteed" by the end of April.
Reader 4
RileyC
0 Kudos

Re: UPDATE UPDATE

I was hoping for Monday but who knows when it will be available.

Distinguished Wordsmith
MaluhiaKana
0 Kudos

What time did you watch? The Nook is on their schedule for 4 Eastern today.

Contributor
livelaughlove_83
0 Kudos

RileyC wrote:

I was hoping for Monday but who knows when it will be available.

Don't be discouraged. I'm sure HSN will say anything at this point to keep their customers happy even if it isn't necessarily the whole truth.

"True nobility isn't about being better than anyone else; it's about being better than you used to be."-Portia de Rossi (Unbearable Lightness)
Distinguished Correspondent
peppyauntie121

I beleve it was on the 10am hour but the guy said it will be on again at 11 pm est. I know the schedule says 4 pm but they didn't mention it.
Inspired Contributor
nookloverjf
0 Kudos

Cox cable has HSN posting a 1pm showing of NOOK here in California.

Inspired Contributor
Tephie
0 Kudos

I was at my B&N yesterday and the nook guy was telling someone else the difference between the two nooks.  He said Monday there will be a big announcement about the update.  They don't know what the announcement is or what the update will include but something should happen Monday.  If nothing else maybe we will get a definite date on Monday.

Contributor
z3000zee
0 Kudos

When I was in B&N store this weekend, I was told that the update would definitely occur by May 1st. One of the salespersons told me.

Contributor
jcbh54
0 Kudos

I bought my NC as soon as they came out.  Actually, they were sold out so I has to order it and wait for a month.  Anyway, my point is that everyone should get the update at the same time.  IF HSN shoppers get NC's WITH the update, then that tells me that B&N doesn't give a flip about their customers.  The ones that ALREADY have the NC should get the update before anyone else--or at least at the same time as new customers!  That's just my opinion.  I am not holding my breath.  I wonder if  the ppl that have paid for the extra insurance have damage done to their Nooks and get a replacement if it would be the updated ones???  I think not. 

New User
Wolflover12
0 Kudos

I recently talked to a BN Employee while a family member was picking up a nook color case. She said the update will take place between this week and the next. She didn't look definate though. With BN, you can never be sure.

The story I am writing exists, written in absolutely perfect fashion, some place, in the air. All I must do is find it, and copy it. ~Jules Renard, "Diary," February 1895
Frequent Contributor
Onji1908
0 Kudos

Called my store just minutes ago...all he would say was soon, but he did note the zStaples ad that shows the Nook Color with angry birds. And the fact they will begin selling it May 1.
New User
Wolflover12
0 Kudos

Onji1908 wrote:
Called my store just minutes ago...all he would say was soon, but he did note the zStaples ad that shows the Nook Color with angry birds. And the fact they will begin selling it May 1.

Ok, at least I know it will be out before May 1st. Or, so I hope.

The story I am writing exists, written in absolutely perfect fashion, some place, in the air. All I must do is find it, and copy it. ~Jules Renard, "Diary," February 1895
Frequent Contributor
Mack_the_Knife

♥ Children make you want to start life over
New User
Wolflover12
0 Kudos

errrrrr :/

Wordsmith
irunlikeagirl

[ Edited ]

Well.....I was getting my hair done, and Brandy, who has been there FOREVER, said that her boyfriend, Sly, just happens to work next door to a Barnes and Noble. He just got out of prison, for cat fighting (like Michael Vick with the dog fighting, but the cats wouldn't fight eachother. They just attacked everyone that came to watch.....not a good scene).....but that's neither here nor there.

Anyhoots.....he walked next door to use the bathroom at the Barnes and Noble because the bathroom where he works....Ta Tas Bar and Grill (just like Hooters, but they got sued for trying to call it Owlies).....aaaaanyways.....the bathroom at Ta Tas isn't working, so he went next door to B&N to use theirs. While he was there, he happened to overhear Gladys Busboom, the BIGGEST gossip in Hooterville, (since Madge passed away.....long story) tell her husband Roy that the update was coming sometime this month. "Well, DUH!", Sly says. "Everyone knows THAT, Gladys. What DAY?" So Gladys gives him her best, "Don't EVEN start with me" look and says, "I don't know, Sly....why don't you ask one of your cats." And Sly was all like, "Oh no you didn't!"

So then Roy steps in and tried to calm the waters, but he accidentally spills his Starbuck Double Venti Mocha Late on Gladys' brand new Easter skirt that she got at Brandy's Bargain Barn (different Brandy), and then Gladys was all up in Roy's face and Sly really had to pee so .............wait.......what was I talking about?

Oh yeah, the update. Sly thinks it will be this week. And remember, he works RIGHT NEXT DOOR to a Barnes and Noble. So....you know.

Inspired Contributor
zozoroshi

irunlikeagirl wrote:
Well.....I was getting my hair done, and Brandy, who has been there FOREVER, said that her boyfriend, Sly, just happens to work next door to a Barnes and Noble. He just got out of prison, for cat fighting (like Michael Vick with the dog fighting, but the cats wouldn't fight eachother. They just attacked everyone that came to watch.....not a good scene).....but that's neither here nor there. Anyhoots.....he walked next door to use the bathroom at the Barnes and Noble because the bathroom where he works....Ta Tas Bar and Grill (just like Hooters, but they got sued for trying to call it Owlies).....aaaaanyways.....the bathroom at Ta Tas isn't working, so he went next door to B&N to use theirs. While he was there, he happened to overhear Gladys Busboom, the BIGGEST gossip in Hooterville, (since Madge passed away.....long story) tell her husband Roy that the update was coming sometime this month. "Well, DUH!", Roys says. "Everyone knows THAT, Gladys. What DAY?" So Gladys gives him her best, "Don't EVEN start with me" look and says, "I don't know, Sly....why don't you ask one of your cats." And Roy was all like, "Oh no you didn't!" So then Roy steps in and tried to calm the waters, but he accidentally spills his Starbuck Double Venti Mocha Late on Gladys' brand new Easter skirt that she got at Brandy's Bargain Barn (different Brandy), and then Gladys was all up in Roy's face and Sly really had to pee so .............wait.......what was I talking about? Oh yeah, the update. Sly thinks it will be this week. And remember, he works RIGHT NEXT DOOR to a Barnes and Noble. So....you know.

OMG!  Like I totally know someone who knew someone who got fired from TaTas, and their bathrooms are soo totally skanky, so that has to be true, swear to god! :smileywink:

Frequent Contributor
Lady_Mousie
0 Kudos

Fantastic irunlikeagirl. That made my day :smileyhappy: Mousie
Wordsmith
DrWho453
0 Kudos

@irunlikeagirl Lol that made my day. I love it. At first i thought phoneboy made this up. I think you have topped phoneboy here. :smileyhappy:
"It is one of the ironies of modern rule that it is far more acceptable today to affirm publicly one's belief in God, for whose existence there is no scientific evidence, than UFOs, the existence of which - whatever they might be - is physically documented." - Alexander Wendt and Raymond Duvall
Frequent Contributor
Bluepen61
0 Kudos

irunlikeagirl wrote:

So then Roy steps in and tried to calm the waters, but he accidentally spills his Starbuck Double Venti Mocha Late on Gladys' brand new Easter skirt that she got at Brandy's Bargain Barn (different Brandy), and then Gladys was all up in Roy's face and Sly really had to pee so .............wait.......what was I talking about?

Oh yeah, the update. Sly thinks it will be this week. And remember, he works RIGHT NEXT DOOR to a Barnes and Noble. So....you know.

I laughed so hard that I think I wet myself! Does anyone have a depends to loan me? I just need it for the duration of this thread.... then I'll return it, washed of course.

Not all who wander are lost. ---J. R. R. Tolkien
Nook HD 8 GB, Stock Root and Other Mods
Wordsmith
irunlikeagirl

[ Edited ]

DrWho453 wrote:
@irunlikeagirl Lol that made my day. I love it. At first i thought phoneboy made this up. I think you have topped phoneboy here. :smileyhappy:

I got NOTHIN' on Phoneboy.  He is in a class by himself! :smileytongue:  I just am getting such a kick out of how many different stories we are getting from "really good sources".  Clearly, nobody has a clue.   Including Brandy*. 

*Brandy's Beauty Barn Brandy.  Not Brandy's Bargain Barn Brandy.  Though they are sisters.  Long story. :smileywink: