Frequent Contributor
Nokomarie
0 Kudos

Re: UPDATE UPDATE

irunlikeagirl wrote:

Well.....I was getting my hair done, and Brandy, who has been there FOREVER, said that her boyfriend, Sly, just happens to work next door to a Barnes and Noble. He just got out of prison, for cat fighting (like Michael Vick with the dog fighting, but the cats wouldn't fight eachother. They just attacked everyone that came to watch.....not a good scene).....but that's neither here nor there.

Anyhoots.....he walked next door to use the bathroom at the Barnes and Noble because the bathroom where he works....Ta Tas Bar and Grill (just like Hooters, but they got sued for trying to call it Owlies).....aaaaanyways.....the bathroom at Ta Tas isn't working, so he went next door to B&N to use theirs. While he was there, he happened to overhear Gladys Busboom, the BIGGEST gossip in Hooterville, (since Madge passed away.....long story) tell her husband Roy that the update was coming sometime this month. "Well, DUH!", Sly says. "Everyone knows THAT, Gladys. What DAY?" So Gladys gives him her best, "Don't EVEN start with me" look and says, "I don't know, Sly....why don't you ask one of your cats." And Sly was all like, "Oh no you didn't!"

So then Roy steps in and tried to calm the waters, but he accidentally spills his Starbuck Double Venti Mocha Late on Gladys' brand new Easter skirt that she got at Brandy's Bargain Barn (different Brandy), and then Gladys was all up in Roy's face and Sly really had to pee so .............wait.......what was I talking about?

Oh yeah, the update. Sly thinks it will be this week. And remember, he works RIGHT NEXT DOOR to a Barnes and Noble. So....you know.

Brilliant! abso-freaking-lootly brilliant!

Inspired Correspondent
alporks
0 Kudos

ROFLMAO! :smileyhappy:
Distinguished Correspondent
LGman
0 Kudos

Tephie wrote:

I was at my B&N yesterday and the nook guy was telling someone else the difference between the two nooks.  He said Monday there will be a big announcement about the update.  They don't know what the announcement is or what the update will include but something should happen Monday.  If nothing else maybe we will get a definite date on Monday.

I was at my local BN store today and I mentioned that the scuttle-butt on the internet was the update was scheduled for Monday. He smiled and said there will be a big announcement Monday and talked about some BN managers leaking the news late last week on the forums... He didn't say much else but was wondering if there would be an onslaught of customers coming in Monday due to this announcement.

I'm excited if for nothing else that there will be an announcement of something.
For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.
Inspired Contributor
lazisusann
0 Kudos

irunlikeagirl - you made me giggle!:smileyvery-happy:

"The secret to staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age." ~Lucille Ball~
Inspired Contributor
Dr_JamesN
0 Kudos

Maybe just an announcement to announce the date of the update? Just wondering...

Frequent Contributor
BlackInk155
0 Kudos

@ irunlikeagirl :ROFLMAO!!! I think that is one of the best posts EVER!!!!

nook: (nʊk) noun- a secluded or sheltered place; retreat
What better way to describe my Nook?
Mark_OB1
Topics: 23
Kudos: 1,259

irunlikeagirl wrote:
Well.....I was getting my hair done, and Brandy, who has been there FOREVER, said that...

Finally!  A credible information source.  Thanks so much.  :smileyhappy:

- Mark

Frequent Contributor
Mack_the_Knife

♥ Children make you want to start life over
Contributor
MikeFS
0 Kudos

The NY Times just posted an article about a new ad campaign for the Nook Color starting on Monday.  Not a word about upgrades, apps, etc......

Frequent Contributor
BlackInk155
0 Kudos

MikeFS wrote:

The NY Times just posted an article about a new ad campaign for the Nook Color starting on Monday.  Not a word about upgrades, apps, etc......

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/25/business/media/25adco.html

nook: (nʊk) noun- a secluded or sheltered place; retreat
What better way to describe my Nook?
Frequent Contributor
kcladyz
0 Kudos

Frequent Contributor
ginger-maci
0 Kudos

I just got my update about a week ago. I didn't even have my wifi on, I woke up one morning and saw the notification. Since I'd read so many bad reviews about it, I had some trepidations, but I like it. I really see very little difference, except I can order comic books and graphic novels. But I am curious about why a little lock keeps appearing on my page?

Distinguished Bibliophile
patgolfneb
0 Kudos

uginger. I believe that is so you can temporarially lock the screen orientation.

Frequent Contributor
trophy57
0 Kudos

the lock is so that you can either lock in landscape mode or other