Frequent Contributor
KD67
0 Kudos

Uno HD Does it work???

So I was looking at the Game Apps for the NookColor and I see that UNOHD is on sale for just .99 cents.  Reading the reviews I'm not sure what to do, half of them say its great with No problems the other half say it sucks and does nothing but crash.  So I am looking for some folks that currently have it on the forumns to see what they have to say about it.  Please let me know and thank you for your responses.

Inspired Wordsmith
KidneyKid
0 Kudos

Re: Uno HD Does it work???

I can only speak for myself but it works fine for me.
Frequent Contributor
KD67
0 Kudos

Well glad it works for you, I took the plung and bought it.  But it does not work, try to open it and the screen flashes black and then goes back to the home screen.  Sucks to be honest.  I wonder why it works on some Nook Colors and not others.  On top of it, my wife came home from work and she had also downloaded it during her lunch hour and hers will not work either.  Grrrrrr!  At least it was only .99 cents each but I wish I knew why its not working.  My nook software version is 1.4.1

New User
simplii_unique
0 Kudos

Mines keeps crashing as well I have the nook tablet and its updated to 1.4.2 idk what the problem is l. I delted some things to to see if it was the memory but that didnt work either.
Contributor
Bill10WE
0 Kudos

I wanted to get it for .99 cents but when I click on it on the website, the site says " sorry that can't be found." That has happened for the past week so I guess they do not want to sell it for that price. I do notice that the description under the picture says Uno with a couple stange symbols instead of HD so something on the site must be messed up. When I shop on my NC it comes up as Uno HD but it also says $4.99!

Contributor
Bill10WE
0 Kudos

I see they fixed it on the website so that you can buy it for .99 cents. So I bought it and downloaded it on my NC but it is doing the same thing as alot of other people have found out. I open it and get the black screen and then it goes back to the home page. It is only .99 cents but multiply that the number of people who it is not working for and somebody is making alot of free money.

Contributor
Bill10WE
0 Kudos

I have it working now. I don't know if this was my problem or not, but i took my memory card out and opened the app and it opened ok and started downloading the extra content again. After it loaded that and said click to open, I did that and the app worked. I put my memory card back in and the game is still working fine.

Inspired Correspondent
MusicmanGG
0 Kudos

@bill10WE

I tried taking out my memory card as you did and it worked for me also.

Thanks for the suggestion.

However, they should really fix this problem....

Frequent Contributor
KD67
0 Kudos

Update on my UNO game.  I purchased this game about a month ago for .99 cents and it would not load and run on my Nook Color, after reading some reviews concerning the Monopoly game I decided to try removing the SD Card and see what happened.  After the SD Card was removed I tried the game again and it let me download the additional 82 Megs that the game needs to run.  After this the game runs perfectly even after I put the SD Card back into the Nook Color.  Anyone having trouble getting this game to run should try this and see if it works for you.  It works on both my wife and my Nook Colors.

Reader
BookGirlIG
0 Kudos

i also took out the memory card and did the additional download again and it worked.