Inspired Contributor
Warlock_Writer

Update 1.4.2

Anyone tried it yet? Update page just says "minor system enhancements" with no details.

Distinguished Correspondent
Beachgirl75
0 Kudos

Re: Update 1.4.2

I just downloaded the update. Haven't really looked at it much. It looks like the NT got the update last week. Go to that forum and look for Dean Gibson's list of changes.

I used to be Snow White, but I drifted.
Frequent Contributor
kcladyz
0 Kudos

must be real minor for i do not notice anything different

Inspired Correspondent
japerry
0 Kudos

Beachgirl75 wrote:

I just downloaded the update. Haven't really looked at it much. It looks like the NT got the update last week. Go to that forum and look for Dean Gibson's list of changes.

Can you provide a link? I looked through the Tablet forums and couldn't find it.

Owner of a Nook Color and a Nook Simple Touch

My First Short Story
DaveAvl
0 Kudos

What I've found on the NT General Discussion forum was this statement from BN's Alex last Tuesday:

"I'll have a full list of t contents for the update soon, however a patch to the email app is included."

That was a week ago - any news yet, Alex? :smileyhappy:

Inspired Correspondent
mrskooshie
0 Kudos

I've just downloaded the update and I am hoping this will resolve the issues I have been having with the Nook losing my saved pages when I go to a different book.

mrskooshie
Wordsmith
BruceMcF
0 Kudos

I don't see a complete list at the Tablet forum, but the three changes that have been noticed are:

• stock email app used to re-download emails that had been deleted ~ this has been fixed
  • there has been a problem in some apps with white-text on white-background menu labels, this has been fixed
  • there seems to be some updates to the stock on-screen keyboard.

Frequent Contributor
seacitylady
0 Kudos

What's with the large graphic of the "Donald" that came with the download?? Very weird. What are we suppose to do with this use it as wallpaper? Got to be a joke. Glad I noticed it before it got loaded onto my Nook. The Donald has been fired (delete).  

Correspondent
SkipperT
0 Kudos

Beware:  When you delete mail now, it's GONE in one step.  Kind of a nice surprise, that.

A man who doesn't read has no advantage over one who can't read. - Mark Twain (paraphrased)
Wordsmith
BruceMcF
0 Kudos

According to a post in the Color apps section, there are also some changes under the hood that will shortly lead to a change that a number of people will notice:

JW63 wrote:

Just got off a chat and was told that Hulu is available with the new 1.4.2 update which was just released today.

... I was thinking that would be sometime in the first quarter of 2012. I saw discussion in that forum that the Hulu app has been mostly Android 2.3 and up, which would explain why B&N needed to make some additions to the Android 2.2 based Nook Color system to support it.

taltosPT
0 Kudos

I just did a manual update. Took about 5 minutes total and so far I have not noticed any difference in the way that my NC operates.

Contributor
nightwired
0 Kudos

Update came in via wifi last night. It says there are improvements in email and minor adjustments in system. The email does not seem to reload now, but I have not noticed anything else yet.

Contributor
blueyestm
0 Kudos

Updated to 1.4.2 because I have been waiting for the Hulu app and it's still not available.  Anybody got any idea when it will be available?

Wordsmith
BruceMcF
0 Kudos

blueyestm wrote:

Updated to 1.4.2 because I have been waiting for the Hulu app and it's still not available.  Anybody got any idea when it will be available?

News apps are normally rolled out Thursday or Friday, so I wasn't even going to be checkng until tomorrow. Also only have the one first-time poster with a fairly vague claim that it would be coming, with nothing actual definite on the date, so given that sometimes projects have last minute hiccoughs, I'd chill until next Friday if its not there by this Friday, before making any conclusions on whether that was real inside info.

Inspired Wordsmith
MatthewH
0 Kudos

Mine auto-updated about 20 minutes ago; so far I don't notice much difference.
Remember: the big print giveth, the small print taketh away.
Contributor
keliLJ
0 Kudos

My email continues to reload, VERY annoying.

Frequent Contributor
thatdbaclk
0 Kudos

Okay Question....Since I behind the ball on applying updates.....is there a recommended Discussion Board that I should subscribe to so that I know that an update has been released?

Another Android Device (Nook Color)! Looking forward to the day I can use One Device Big Enough Screen Wise for: Phone and Surfing the Net.....this NC is Just Right!
Correspondent
Yatta99
0 Kudos

thatdbaclk wrote:

Okay Question....Since I behind the ball on applying updates.....is there a recommended Discussion Board that I should subscribe to so that I know that an update has been released?

Nothing that I know of. Seems that you don't really hear much about these sort of things until someone gets 'hit' by an update and then posts here about it. You would think that an official announcement might find it's way to someplace like the Announcements board....

Frequent Contributor
Luvmynookie
0 Kudos

I've noticed two things...  my email is working as it should and when I am reading a book and click on the open book icon in the notification bar, I get an error message saying - sorry, that content is no longer available and I have to go to the book on my home screen and reopen it.  I haven't tried a restart but will now.

Frequent Contributor
Luvmynookie
0 Kudos

Another thing I'm seeing is that my nook friends are a bit messed up - I'm not seeing all my nook friends on my NOOK but I do see them when I log into the BN website..... hmmmmm