Reader 4
Binksmom
0 Kudos

Re: Update 1.4.2

Just surprised by the latest update. Curious to see what is affected.
Contributor
luckygirlhl
0 Kudos

BN Is losing a fan, tired of replacing my charger, own up and issue a recall.The minor improvements with update, now I can't play videos displayed on my homepage. Thanks for the " enhancements",kindle is looking better by the minute.
Contributor
sjsAV
0 Kudos

I'm surprised in this new release B&N did not address the option of having the soft home key verse using the Nook button.  That seemed to be the biggest source of comments after the previous release.  B&N are you listening to your customers?

-- Scott

Wordsmith
BruceMcF
0 Kudos

sjsAV wrote:

I'm surprised in this new release B&N did not address the option of having the soft home key verse using the Nook button.  That seemed to be the biggest source of comments after the previous release.  B&N are you listening to your customers?

-- Scott

Why is it suprising? I doubt that they are working on a soft button app, but it they were, having to put out a new release would put a project to develop a soft button app on hold.

Obviously if they did a release that just put the soft button back in, as it was before, it would only unleash a whole new round of complaints from people who prefer it the way it is now. By contrast, if they were to do it as an app, then everyone would have a choice.

Correspondent
ps56k
0 Kudos

Have not had my Nook Color on Wifi for awhile... so turned it back on yesterday.

I'm currently at 1.4.1 - which I think I manually download & installed when it came out.

Thought I would wait and see if the 1.4.2 update via WiFi really would happen.

Today is Tues 3/6/12 - so we'll see....

Contributor
blueyestm
0 Kudos

Ok, still waiting on the Hulu app.  Anybody get it?

Frequent Contributor
wisdombunny
0 Kudos

blueyestm wrote:

Ok, still waiting on the Hulu app.  Anybody get it?

Not jet...:smileyembarrassed:

New User
Ibrakefornoone
0 Kudos

One of the first things I noticed is that I lost ALL of my presets after 1.4.2 updated. Now my NC is stuck in Library mode only. I have done hard resets, factory resets, and it is still stuck in this mode. Also everything I had downloaded was lost when the update was finished, had to re-download everything again. This is very annoying and highly reminiscent of the windows update days before I got smart and dumped windows for Linux.

Reader 4
Memon
0 Kudos

I've noticed 2 things recently and do not know if it is related to the 4.1.2 update, maybe someone else knows.  (1) In my library it has my authors and books all mixed up (2) the little icon in the bottom left is GONE! I used it as a backdoor to get into apps, the SD card, and my library...BECAUSE it was a way of using touch screen instead of the n button in the center bottom.  Where did it go? I miss it!

Science Teacher