Contributor
Artist4Sale
0 Kudos

Upgrading!

OKay I just worked out a trade in with B&N to upgrade from my Nook 1st Generation to the Nook Color. Those have the Nook Color, did I make a good decision? Hoping I like it just as much :smileyhappy:

Stacey

Distinguished Correspondent
Beachgirl75
0 Kudos

Re: Upgrading!

I think you'll like it more. Be aware that the battery life isn't very good unless you turn off the wifi. I'm curious...what kind of a deal did you get? If it wasn' much, I would suggest keeping your old Nook as a backup. U use mine when I have to recharge my NC.

I used to be Snow White, but I drifted.
Frequent Contributor
roxmysoxGA
0 Kudos

Artist4Sale wrote:

OKay I just worked out a trade in with B&N to upgrade from my Nook 1st Generation to the Nook Color. Those have the Nook Color, did I make a good decision? Hoping I like it just as much :smileyhappy:

Stacey

:smileysurprised: B&N does trade ins??

I think you will at least like the NC as much as the N1E.  Strangely enough, I've been contemplating purchasing one of the N2E Glowlights and handing down my NC to my daughter. I will be purchasing and Iphone when my next upgrade on my phone comes due in November, and will no longer need all the functionality of the NC.

But wow...if I can restore my NC to stock....and trade it in for the Glowlight....

Inspired Wordsmith
BFCoughlin
0 Kudos

Let's put it this way: last year in May, I wanted to buy my husband the NC for his birthday. He insisted on the Nook 1st generation (the NST had not yet come out--that happened about three weeks later!)  He did love his Nook.  This year, I offered to get him the NST glow light; but when we went into the store, the NC was just $10 more, so we decided to go for it.  He is SOOOO happy with it.  He can't believe he can easily highlight text, make notes, touch a footnote and then get back to the text, and that some footnotes have URLs that he can instantly click on and read.  And he hasn't even begun to do soe of the things it can do.  I don't think you'lll regret it. 

Contributor
Artist4Sale
0 Kudos

They offered a new one for $100 or a refurbished $80. I got the new one. My N1G is soooo slow turning on etc. I played With a NC in the store and really liked it. I didn't think I would stray From e-ink, but I found myself reading my Nookbooks on my iPhone More so I could read with the lights off to not bother the hubby at night. So I adjusted better than I thought. For N1G they don't trade in for the tablet or glow unfortunately.
Frequent Contributor
efeigenbaum

[ Edited ]

If you want to get more out of your Nook Color, I highly recommend the n2a card (n2acards.com) which will easily turn your Nook into a full Android tablet with the ability to increase the processing speed and have access to the entire Android market.