Inspired Wordsmith
taosaur
0 Kudos

Re: Usb keyboard

Did you update using their method, and still get the error from the Nook Tweaks app, and was the app up to date? If you have the latest stable CM7 and the latest Nook Tweaks (neither of which is all that recent), they should play nice together.

The kernel version number may not reflect changes relevant to Nook Tweaks. 

Distinguished Wordsmith
SkinnyDennis
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

taosaur wrote:

Did you update using their method, and still get the error from the Nook Tweaks app, and was the app up to date? If you have the latest stable CM7 and the latest Nook Tweaks (neither of which is all that recent), they should play nice together.

The kernel version number may not reflect changes relevant to Nook Tweaks. 

Near as I can tell from their answers, I've already got the latest stabile CM7. Then they suggested a method to update...something, I don't know what, they offerered no links to anything newer. At that point I was told to contact the developers. I think they don't want to get into this. I think they want us problem children to quit bothering them and wait for CM9. Anyway, that's how I feel, even if they didn't intend to brush me off and leave me confused.

My signature line is better than your signature line.
Contributor
redhdgirl417
0 Kudos

Thank you Mark! :smileyhappy:

Inspired Wordsmith
taosaur
0 Kudos

If this:

SkinnyDennis wrote:

Android version 2.3.4 .

The curent kernel is 2.6.32.9 .

Cyanogen mod 7.1.0-RC1-encore  

is what you see in your device info, then you do not have the latest stable CM7. You have the release candidate that preceded CM7.1 stable by more than three months (6/29/11 vs 10/10/11). It's a near certainty the kernel was tweaked in that time. 

I'm not sure the kernel number displayed there reflects NC-specific changes at all. The ".9" may or may not refer to versions on the NC, but everything preceding it is the version of the generic Linux kernel, and is not even Android-specific. 

Distinguished Wordsmith
SkinnyDennis
0 Kudos

Thanks Taosaur, I'm going to let my son update it from the links I posted earlier in this thread.

My signature line is better than your signature line.
Frequent Contributor
Bluepen61
0 Kudos

Is there a particular keyboard app that would make the keyboard more reliable?

Not all who wander are lost. ---J. R. R. Tolkien
Nook HD 8 GB, Stock Root and Other Mods
Frequent Contributor
nekoz
0 Kudos

Please help?  I wanted to get the keyboard on ebay and was looking into the adapter mentioned by Kel1677 but it is no longer offered.  I was wondering if someone could tell me which is the right one from the amazon page?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Micro+5+Pin+Male+to+USB...

appreciate any help. 

Frequent Contributor
nekoz
0 Kudos

and which is the amazon keyboard counterpart, if anyone would like to tell me please?

Contributor
PeoplePhobic

There are links and instructions to use this keyboard case on this blog:

http://www.caseyfrennier.com/nook-color-keyboard-case/

Complete with links, instructions, pictures and screenshots.

Thought people here might find it useful.

Wordsmith
BruceMcF

Note that searching for a 7" Micro USB keyboard tablet case might return a case that does not need an adapter.

Contributor
PeoplePhobic
0 Kudos

Apparently, it's hard to find a micro USB to USB adaptor to use this with a hub to use a mouse/USB drive like he put in the new post.

http://www.caseyfrennier.com/nook-color-keyboard-case-and-mouse/

Also, they don't actually seem to show the cable on that listing. Would not be the first time I've seen someone confuse micro and mini USB.

Someone should make a micro usb hub. It would be nice if it became more standard. I'm sure there would be lots of smartphones and tablets that could use it. And think of all the micro usb ports you could stick in a laptop.

Frequent Contributor
nekoz
0 Kudos

going back to how the nook color fits within the keyboard case.  I recently purchased a silicone cover on Amazon for under $4 and it works beautifully with keeping the nook color snug and slip-proof. 

New User
Faithful49er
0 Kudos

Can you please give the item# from ebay? I purchased a usbbkeyboard and a seperate adapter from Amazon and i dont what im doing wrong but it just wont work.
Frequent Contributor
wisdombunny
0 Kudos

I use Amazon USB keyboard I had no prob. I will ask my friend to attach link here... :smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
nekoz
0 Kudos

So here is the keyboard on ebay 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/270819582538?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_2472wt_10...

and the adapter on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001TLK7V6/ref=pe_175190_21431760_cs_sce_3p_dp_1

Did you download Nooktweaks.. you need to enable USB host before using the keyboard.

Hope this helps

Correspondent
tuck229
0 Kudos

nekoz wrote:

Did you download Nooktweaks.. you need to enable USB host before using the keyboard.

Will this work if running Android 2.3???

I'm perfectly content with the Nook interface except for the fact that I want a stinkin keyboard!!!  Why B&N hasn't unlocked this potential of the Nook is beyond me....they'd sell a boatload to students. 

Frequent Contributor
nekoz
0 Kudos

I know what you mean Tuck229. I gave up on the Nook OS and always boot on the CM7 side.  It has become very useful for school.

Here's the info for NookTweaks, it says it requires Android 2.2 and up but then higher for some of the functions.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dalingrin.nookcolortweaks&hl=en

New User
cassass11
0 Kudos

confused on the whole n2a card am I supposed to put the n2a in the nook then get nook tweaks? or do I download nook tweaks from my computer to the n2a card? the n2a card does not fit in my computer so would I have to get a converter? like a micro sd to USB I do not want to mess up my warranty please help
Correspondent
tuck229
0 Kudos

I'm just guessing, as my n2a card hasn't even arrived yet, so someone experienced please correct this info when you check in...

I am assuming you insert the n2a card and boot your Nook and from there you install the nook tweaks while running your Nook in full Android.

As a side note, you don't have to connect your micro SD card to the computer directly.  Just plug in your Nook via USB and drag and drop just like you plugged in a flash drive to your computer.

Frequent Contributor
nekoz
0 Kudos

Yes, once you boot into Android (N2A) you go to Google Market/Play, look for NookTweaks and download from your Nook Color.  No computer involved.