Contributor
alynne84
0 Kudos

Using BN gift cards to purchase nook books

When I use the "shop" feature from my NC it wants to automatically charge my credit card which is on file, how do I apply a gift card to a purchase?

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Re: Using BN gift cards to purchase nook books

alynne84 wrote:

When I use the "shop" feature from my NC it wants to automatically charge my credit card which is on file, how do I apply a gift card to a purchase?

You have to add the gift card to your account.  Go to your account on the computer and click on Manage Gift cards under the manage payment options area.  Add the gift card.  Then, it should take from the gift card before it charges the cc.

As an FYI, don't throw away the gift card.  One, you can still use it at the store also, as long as there is still money on it and two, if there's every any issues, some have reported having their gift cards disappear from their account, you will need the gift card to add it back.

Contributor
alynne84
0 Kudos

Thank you, after going to my account on a PC I was able to do this, however not from my NC.

Contributor
darlene100
0 Kudos

It looks like, at least from the latest update, that youcan register gift cards using the Nook.

Go to settings, ship, gift cards, and then add gift cards.  You will need to scratch off the pin number on the card and input both the pin number and the card number.

Distinguished Correspondent
Beachgirl75
0 Kudos

You can apply gift cards on your NC from the Shop. On the Shop page look for My Account in the upper right corner. Tap on it and go to My Gift Cards. It will   alostell you your ballance. I think you can register only three cards at a time.

I used to be Snow White, but I drifted.