Frequent Contributor
cindylee60
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

What are you covering your HD+'s with?

I ordered the Groovy cover, but have read a couple people got them and didn't really like them. I'll have to see if I like mine when it comes (though that might be difficult since it shipped and my HD+ has been delayed)

What did everyone get and do they like it?

I've been waiting for Oberon to announce a cover for the HD+ tab size, but so far they just plan a sleeve.

Contributor
QueenofSheba
0 Kudos

Re: What are you covering your HD+'s with?

I purchased the Groovy cover in purple. It is ok, it doesn't seem as sturdy as I would like for a stand cover to be. I will probably keep it and get a second one, maybe one of the 360 covers.

Contributor
joe19462
0 Kudos

I got one of the 360 covers (Black).  It is very good and the tablet swivels 360 so the cover can be used with the NOOK HD+ Horizontal or Vertical.  HD+ can be placed in both directions to both axis.  It seems sturdy enough but no closure catch.

Bibliophile
laurieb52
0 Kudos

We got one of the 360 covers also. Some of the other covers don't seem sturdy enough to prop when reading sideways ( I was spoiled with the black leather author's cover, which could be easily propped in landscape mode).

Life's a chair of bowlies...and it's all about Plan B!
Inspired Contributor
Gottaluvit
0 Kudos

I bought the 360 cover in burgundy . I had the groovy cover ordered in purple but after seeing the two side by side I  decided on the 360 . I wish that BN would have had more colors or prints to choose from in the 360 cover .. but it is sturdy.

Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

I got the 360 in grey...it is awesome. I love how I can change orientation in a second.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Wow. All the recommendations for the 360 cover make me want to get one.

Does anyone have an Oberon cover. I really like how they look. Would be good to find out whether they work well with HD+. Even if you have one for Nook HD let us know how they are.

Frequent Contributor
cindylee60
0 Kudos

I love the Oberon covers, but as of yet, they have not announced whether or not they will make a cover for the HD+ tab size...only the 7" HD.

They are apparently creating sleeves for large tablets and that looks interesting, though I was really hoping to find a good stand/cover.

Distinguished Bibliophile
patgolfneb
0 Kudos

I think the idea with the groovy cover was to kill it as light as possible. Since the device is some light it doesn't need to support much. I want mine to fit in the map pocket in my car, so minimalist works for me. I am concerned the edges will split. Does anyone know if other vendors are stocking a m edge cover?
Inspired Contributor
WinterRoseBlms
0 Kudos

I'm looking at maybe ordering the 360 cover but I was wondering if it can be folded back when you don't want/need to use it as a stand?

Bibliophile
laurieb52
0 Kudos

@WinterRose...yes!

Life's a chair of bowlies...and it's all about Plan B!
Inspired Wordsmith
BFCoughlin
0 Kudos

Got the HD+ yesterday along with the Groovy cover.  LOve the HD+, but the cover's going back.  It is just chintzy.  Feels cheap. skimpy.  The edges are sharp, so it's very uncomfortable to hold in the hand. I'm thinking of holding out for an Oberon cover--sleeve would be even better. 

WPP
Contributor
WPP
0 Kudos

I got both of The New Yorker covers for my HD+. I had to take one back because I didn't notice (I was so excited Thursday that my HD+ had came that I forgot to double check the entire cover before purchasing it) that one of the small holders were cracked. 

I like these covers a lot because they are easy to open. With my Nook tablet, my first was the red cover with the clasp...loved it overall with the exception that I didn't like the clasp hitting my N-Tablet.., and for I recently got the Submarine Beatles cover for sale which I LOVE.

Inspired Wordsmith
BFCoughlin
0 Kudos

Today I returend the Groovy cover and replaced it with the 360 degree cover,  The new one is more substantial but still light.  It doesn't have the open-to-turn-on feature of the Groovy cover, but I that's no biggie.  I had considered an Oberon cover--I have one for my NC and it is a lovely work of art.  The only problem is that it is heavy.  The HD+ is light for its class, but still quite a bit heavier than the NC; adding the extra weight of the Obernon cover didn't make sense to me.  I'd called them and they said they would be making a cover for te HD+, to be released in late November/early December.  they didn't mention a sleeve.  They had made a sleeve for readers the sixe of the NC and the Kindle Fire, but they've discontinued them, so I'm not sure if they'll try them again for larger tablets.  I'd have opted for that if it were available now; but I didn't want to leave it unprotected for another month or two.

Frequent Contributor
MarshaInSC
0 Kudos

I originally got the Groovy cover for my Nook HD+, but exchanged it for the 360.  Like others said, the Groovy felt flimsy.  The 360 is great, and not too heavy.  And it can be folded back when not being used as an easel.

flyingtoastr
Topics: 52
Kudos: 2,855
0 Kudos

I suppose I'm the odd man out, but I love my Groovy cover and loathe the 360's. The 360 covers are great for using as a easel, but flop around too much when you're trying to hold the device.

Contributor
Tohu_Bohu
0 Kudos

My groovy cover was defective. The left-hand side of the HD+ and the groovy do not line up. I thought it was due to.my dyslexia, but a random cover at a bn store was also wrong. A shame, because design wise t would have been nice. I bought something else. I got the Lautner. I checked out the cheetah, but it looked would not hold up well if I folded it back. I hope your Groovy is.okay. Oh all those periods in my typing? The new keyboard. Tohu
Distinguished Bibliophile
patgolfneb
0 Kudos

I am using the groovy cover. I actually don't find it flimsy. The automatic turn on / off feature saves wear and tear on buttons. We will see about the edges, could be a wear issue. The viewing angle when in landscape is perfect for me, bifocals.
Frequent Contributor
cindylee60
0 Kudos

I like my Groovy cover too...just would like it to have a clasp to close it. But it looks like Oberon is coming out with a sleeve for large tablets. Since the Groovy adds so little bulk, I bet the whole thing could go into one of those beautiful leather sleeves. Then I wouldn't miss the clasp so much because the sleeve would protect it.

Frequent Contributor
P38Lightning
0 Kudos

All kidding aside, while I haven't seen these new covers (sans "catch"), a judicious use of small sections of velcro should sove the problem.