Frequent Contributor
CMarion
0 Kudos

What are your favorite features?

I am drooling over the new NST and waiting for black Friday to get one for 79! Tell me what you like or dislike about the NST. I have the original Nook and looking to add another to the family.

Inspired Wordsmith
Ozman69
0 Kudos

Re: What are your favorite features?

I'm still getting used to mine since I only got it a few hours ago, but it really doesn't seem to have any features that aren't in the original Nook that I've noticed so far (I could be wrong on that of course).  The home page is kind of nice with the way it is setup though.  I like that it has some suggestions at the bottom all the time, but I wonder how useful those will be when I download a Free Friday book (wish they'd let us omit those from being used for suggestions).  

I do find myself a bit spoiled on a few things after having my Nook Color and having not used my original Nook in so long.  I started up my new Nook (so is NST the correct abbreviation for this one?) and was looking for someplace to setup my e-mail, but then realized it must not have one on it.  Then realized no web browser either.  No biggie on either, but after not using a regular old e-reader in so long, it did feel a little odd.  But I plan on using this one more when I'm out and away from home.  

Still will use my Nook Color for magazines since they are so awesome and seem really crappy on the e-ink displays with the way they are laid out.  Guess I'll give my original Nook to my daughter since my wife already has one.

One more small thing, I'd seen a lot of people saying their NST didn't come with a plug (which I wasn't worried about), but mine did.  Was a little added bonus when I opened the box.  

The above is based upon my opinion... yours may vary!
Inspired Correspondent
MacFlash
0 Kudos

So the original 139 dollar NSTs came with a charging plug. When they dropped the price the stopped enclosing the charging plug. You got lucky and got one of the older packages for the new price.

Distinguished Correspondent
LastSilmaril
0 Kudos

Highlighting and notetaking. Unless the word is on the first or last line, it works pretty well, once you get used to the way you spread the highlight. That they are listed and not lost forever/useless like on the old Nook is a great move.

-e

Distinguished Correspondent
LastSilmaril
0 Kudos

Oh, and of course, the fact that the nook is basically an eInk Android tablet, once rooted! Nobody other ereader can make that claim.

Inspired Wordsmith
Ozman69
0 Kudos

MacFlash wrote:

So the original 139 dollar NSTs came with a charging plug. When they dropped the price the stopped enclosing the charging plug. You got lucky and got one of the older packages for the new price.

What's your point?  

The above is based upon my opinion... yours may vary!
Inspired Correspondent
MacFlash
0 Kudos

The point was that I was responding to the previous post which stated that even though people are saying that at 99 dollars you don't get a power supply, he did. I just explained why.

Inspired Wordsmith
whiteginger
0 Kudos

CMarion, I hope you got your NST yesterday.  I did, and my favorite "feature" is the size/weight!  I bought a cute cover, unpackaged everything in the store, dressed the NST up and registered it right there.  Then I slipped it into my purse.  Ahh!  (I usually carry my NC or my N1E in my purse and I could really tell the difference.)

AND since you have the N1E, you don't need to purchase the plug:  your N1E plug will work with the NST!  (The NST "Limited Edition" with its white edge, using the while plug from my N1E is really quite the fashion statement. :smileyvery-happy:)

AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518
Solutions: 0
0 Kudos

whiteginger wrote:

AND since you have the N1E, you don't need to purchase the plug:  your N1E plug will work with the NST!  (The NST "Limited Edition" with its white edge, using the while plug from my N1E is really quite the fashion statement. :smileyvery-happy:)

Absolutely!  Whenever I carry my surge protector anywhere and plug in my white nook charger I get fashion statements... :smileywink:

►Without order there is chaos◄
Inspired Contributor
BeachCatFan
0 Kudos

AlanNJ wrote:

whiteginger wrote:

Absolutely!  Whenever I carry my surge protector anywhere and plug in my white nook charger I get fashion statements... :smileywink:

Too funny!! :smileyvery-happy:

On a serious side, I do pack a surge protector with me whenever I am cruising. Those cabins are notorious for the lack of outlets and with a NOOK, a Camera, a cell phone, and sometimes a video camera, I definitely use that surge protector :smileyhappy: However, not once has a cabin steward made any fashion statements to me.........darn! Sometimes I take it with me for regular traveling, too............saves having electronics charging all over the room and I don't have to worry about leaving something when I pack to leave......that white surge protector strip is pretty hard to miss!!

Frequent Contributor
CMarion
0 Kudos

I did order a new NST and can hardly wait. I decided that braving the mall on the off chance of saving 20 bucks was just not something I could do, I am highly allergic to black Friday and shopping in general.

My friend just dropped her KOBO, broke the screen, so we just ordered her a new one (the non-touch one, persoanl preference). She loves her KOBO and I love the Nook and the touch. I was always jealous of the light weight of the KOBO. Now we can compare!

I do have the adapter and I'm glad to know that white and black make a fashion statement. Now I will be even cooler as I read on the train on my trips to NYC.

Truthfully, what sold me was 1. weight, 2. longer battery life, 3. crisper screen, faster page turning.

AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518
Solutions: 0
0 Kudos

CMarion wrote:

I do have the adapter and I'm glad to know that white and black make a fashion statement. Now I will be even cooler as I read on the train on my trips to NYC.

I took NJ Transit into NYC for 12 years and I'd be very surprised if they now offered outlets in convenient places to charge Nooks... :smileywink:

Of course, I read quite a bit on my N2E and rarely have to charge it anyway...

►Without order there is chaos◄
Distinguished Bibliophile
RHWright
0 Kudos

Favorite features/benefits?

Weight. Size. Touch screen. Better user interface.

The few minuses: shelving, no online wishlist sync.