Contributor
tricky_nickie8705
0 Kudos

What keyboard works best with Nook Color?

[ Edited ]
I would really like to buy a attachable keyboard to make typing a lot easier but I have a hard time finding one that says specificly in the Item Details that it is compatible with Nook Color. I know they say most of them work for 7" tablets but none of them really say specifcly which tablets they work for. They don't really say they work for Ebooks. Can someone help me find one that works for Nook Color? Also would I need a adapter with it as well? I see so many different reviews and discussions about the keyboards some saying they don't work for Nooks depending on what brand of keyboard. Some say they do but need an adapter. Some say they have connection problems. If you know of any keyboards that would work with Nook Color please let me know. Please include links or actual name of the keyboard. Thank You.
Contributor
tricky_nickie8705
0 Kudos

Re: What keyboard works best with Nook Color?

[ Edited ]
I saw another post about someone else looking for a keyboard and someone said something about the 7" Leather Case Mini USB Keyboard Stylus for Tablet PC PDA Ead UMPC on Ebay is no longer available for purchase. Item number 270819582538 However I found another link saying it is available for purchase. I would love to buy it but want to know for sure that it works. Anyone have any reviews toward it? Is there any others I can purchase?
Contributor
tricky_nickie8705
0 Kudos

I'd really hate to buy something from Ebay since I am not the biggest fan of Ebay. So if someone can help me find one where I can stay clear of Ebay I thank you.
Inspired Contributor
jimmy1
0 Kudos

Tricky, I have read reviews on ebay and Amazon.  It looks as if tablet keyboards are hit or miss and really no way to tell if they will work.  If you have the option, go to some store like Best Buy and check them out on your NC.

Keep one thing in mind, the bluetooth keyboards will not work unless you are rooted.

Sorry, but no easy answer on this one.

You laugh at me because I am different, I laugh at you because you are all the same.

Running MIUI 2.4.6
Distinguished Correspondent
poiuy
0 Kudos

I'll have to admit to being a little mystified as I don't know of any way to enable USB on the Nook OS so that an external keyboard can be used. I use this keyboard on my Nook while using an N2A card running CM7: http://www.amazon.com/Zuweiyu-Artificial-Leather-Keyboard-Mini-usb/dp/B007LIHP34/ref=sr_1_23?s=elect... It does require an adapter such as this one: http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Charger-Adapter-Miniusb-Microusb/dp/B001TLK7V6/ref=sr_1_1?s=electroni...
Contributor
tricky_nickie8705
0 Kudos

Thank you. I will think about that one. May be look around for others see if I can find any. They really need to make keyboards that are actually meant for all nooks.
Inspired Wordsmith
taosaur

No keyboard is going to work with the NC's stock software, because it doesn't support either bluetooth or hosting USB devices. You'll very likely need to install CM7 to get that functionality (I'm not sure if one or both are enabled by the usual method for rooting stock).

Wordsmith
BruceMcF
0 Kudos

taosaur wrote:

No keyboard is going to work with the NC's stock software, because it doesn't support either bluetooth or hosting USB devices. You'll very likely need to install CM7 to get that functionality (I'm not sure if one or both are enabled by the usual method for rooting stock).

Don't actually have to install it on the internal flash, it works fine on my home-made N2A style card ~ USB settings in Nook Color Tweaks, turn on power and usb host mode, and it just worked. The screen keyboard also pops up, but there's a custom "null" onscreen keyboard you can get that is supposed to fix that problem.

Contributor
tricky_nickie8705
0 Kudos

I know there has to be one that works. Tons of people say they got keyboards that work jusg have a little difficulty getting it to connect and work. What kind of keyboard do you have if you don't mind me asking?
New User
swandiver
0 Kudos

I am a complete user and messing with the stock OS scares me since a) it was a gift, b) I use this Nook everyday, and c) I have NO money to fix or replace it if it becomes unusable.

Can someone provide step-by-step instructions to getting CM7 to work without messing with stock OS?  Unfortunately I've already bought the case and don't want to have wasted my money.

Frequent Contributor
roxmysoxGA
0 Kudos

The easiest solution would be to use a bootable CM7 card. You can make one yourself...see instructions hee. If you don't feel comfortable doing this, you can purchase a ready made card. See here or here. HTH