Inspired Wordsmith
robotecture
0 Kudos

What magazines/newspapers would you like added to nook newsstand?

[ Edited ]
What magazines wouldyou like to see added to nook newsstand? A few that come to my mind: Wired, Metropolis, and also: architecture magazines like Architect, Architectural Record, Interior Design, A+U, Wallpaper, Contract, Harvard Design Magazine, Azure, Frame, etc. Also: why not comicbook subscriptions? Seems like it would make alot of sense to incorporate all kinds of comicbook subscriptions into the newsstand... Why do comics need to be their own app? Things like: Marvel, DC, etc. I think in the upcoming reader wars, it is going to be a battle over content access as much as it is hardware... Apple and Amazon are going to be fighting for newsstand content access... There is also: local community/free newspapers... Why not create tools to allow local community newspapers that are ad funded to create digital versions of their papers downloadable for free on the nook... How cool would it be to be able to get local community papers on the nookso as you travel you can read about local events, culture, and restaurants reviews, etc
Distinguished Bibliophile
patgolfneb
0 Kudos

Re: What magazines/newspapers would you like added to nook newsstand?

I would like one of the golf magazines golf or golf digest. An adult literary humor magazine, if one still exists would be something I would consider.
Contributor
philb5
0 Kudos

I would like to see Barnes and Noble add Kiplingers and Smart Money.  Then I would not have to root the darn thing.

Distinguished Correspondent
EllenKeiff
0 Kudos

The Week

Distinguished Bibliophile
roustabout
0 Kudos

How about they address the New Yorker - at least tell us if it's a BN issue or a publisher issue that restricts it to the monochrome nook devices, and stop selling subscriptions to accounts which only have NCs registered to them? 

"no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." Fourth Amendment to the US Constitution.
Wordsmith
alliecatTX
0 Kudos

I would love to see the literary quarterly Granta added - I would resubscribe in a heartbeat if I could carry the issues with me on my NC.

Inspired Wordsmith
robotecture
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Right now, the big digital newsstands like Barnes & Noble seem to be focused on developing the content for a broader popular audience first before developing the more niche content areas... On the one hand, this is smart, I mean, they have all the sales data on magazines, and are focusing on the magazines which have the highest demand... But on the other hand, what the sales data doesn't tell you is: if you can capture those niche audiences, for Japanese comicbooks for example, or architects / designers, or golf enthusiasts, or comic book readers, etc. or science fiction fans, etc., you actually can develop a stronger loyal niche customer base... By dominating certain niches, you win loyal fan bases. Case in point: Netflix content... I think what Netflix is realizing lately is that certain content- things like Japanese Anime, and say kids cartoons like Dora or Thomas the Train Engine or old science fiction series like babylon 5 or whatever, or art house cinema, or martial arts action films, actually have the strongest subscriber retention... If you maintain a strong library of content targeting more niche markets, you capture the loyalty of that audience for the long run... Because every other digital newsstand is going to have the new York times for example, and national geographic or people magazine... If you can have more niche and unusual titles, those are the customers who won't abandon you for another device on a whim... IMHO...
Wordsmith
TnTexas

[ Edited ]

Archeology Magazine and some magazines for children - like Discover Kids and the ones from Cobblestone Publishing.

Inspired Wordsmith
robotecture
0 Kudos

One kid magazine they do have for nook is National Geographic Kids.
Contributor
hollyjam100
0 Kudos

I would like to see more music magazines from overseas like Classic Rock,Uncut,Mojo and Hammer. They have just released an app for the IPAD and will probably be on the Kindle Fire. Also B & N needs to look at the comic book market because they seem to be well behind.

flyingtoastr
Topics: 55
Kudos: 2,923

St. Pete Times.

Reader
Nikki_Rose
0 Kudos

LATINA MAGAZINE PLEASE!!!!!!! I AM BEGGING YOU LOL

Wordsmith
LectorGS
0 Kudos

It would be a great idea to add some Latin American and European newspapers.  There's a lot of international residents in the US who would enjoy reading their favorite papers on the Nook.

Lector GS
Inspired Correspondent
japerry
0 Kudos

I'd like to see Scientific American and The Houston Chronicle.

Owner of a Nook Color and a Nook Simple Touch

My First Short Story
New User
Julie70
0 Kudos

Psychology Today please!!

Wordsmith
doncr
0 Kudos

Inspired Contributor
JimSC
0 Kudos

Southern Living

Distinguished Wordsmith
sygram
0 Kudos

Another vote for the St. Pete Times.

Frequent Contributor
captobie
0 Kudos

Sunset would be nice.  Sea also.

Contributor
HoneyWitSpice
0 Kudos

I would like to see Ebony, Jet, Essence, Black Enterprise, Right On!, Black Beat, Sister 2 Sister, just to name a few.......