Reader 2
MariaJudy
0 Kudos

What new apps would we like?

Is B & N going to get the Overdive Media Console app?  One well advertised advantage the Nook has over the Kindle is the ability to get library materials, as well as books from other booksellers.  Why not make it more convenient for us and get the app so we can eliminate having to download to and from a PC?

Thanksm

M Martin

Inspired Wordsmith
sandie52
0 Kudos

Re: What new apps would we like?

Unless your library is different from mine, Overdrive is for Audio Books. I have to use ADE to get epub books. So I would like to see ADE for  the Nook so I didn't have to do the extra step.

Correspondent
susgod
0 Kudos

I want a calendar!

Contributor
bleeman
0 Kudos

Add my vote for Overdrive too. ADE is okay but a pain having to download to it and then xfer to my NC Sandie52 Overdrive works with both audio files and epub books. My library offers both. I've been pleased with its implementation on Windows Phone as well. Since B&N can'r seem to get their act together and release for that platform I've been reading more books from my library and buying fewere from them.
--Bill
New User
lindafaye
0 Kudos

Words with Friends

Linda Faye
Contributor
Wyldhare
0 Kudos

I would like two apps: One to organize photos into categories or sets. Being able to tie into my Flikr account would be even better. Second, one that lets you install Swpe as an alternative to key input.

Contributor
dbart
0 Kudos

I think Google Earth would be a cool app!

Distinguished Scribe
Schwa
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I would like an app that redirects app requests on these forums to the app developers themselves.

The Port2Nook Plz  app

:smileymad: :smileysurprised: :smileyvery-happy: :smileywink:

Reader
kidssnippys
0 Kudos

I would like to see a skype app.  it helps me keep in touch with my friends and family on vacation.  

Reader 2
Barbara_Ann
0 Kudos

I just purchased an HP Touchpad and was disappointed to not find a Nook app, especially since Barnes & Noble was selling them.  I really want to access my Nook library on my Touchpad also.

Frequent Contributor
GameAmour
0 Kudos

I suspect that the Nook app for webOS/Touchpad may never happen because it's officially a dead mobile OS, which is a pity... I could be wrong, but it would be true also for any Symbian/Nokia smartphones.

Game Amour - Nook Apps developer and publisher

♥ NOOK Apps: Pigs Can Fly, Add-O-Matic, Vampires Vs Werewolves, Reversi Deluxe
Contributor
baltoreader
0 Kudos

ADE on the Nook Color would be awsome!!

Contributor
Arcanite
0 Kudos

Good app for viewing pictures, showing and sorting the pics with current one is nothing but pain atm. Another nice app would be spotify and a decent media player (with support also for xvid etc.). Otherwise I'm really enjoying the NC, quickoffice pro improves the current movie player enough so that it is quite nice now (without the support for other than MP4 format ofc).

Inspired Correspondent
MarkinStLouis
0 Kudos

I'll throw in my vote for an Overdrive app, too. I love the one on my iPhone, as it gives me another place to read my library books. Another app I want is the app for ereader.com. I get why B&N wouldn't want to have a Kindle, Sony, or Kobo app, as they could possibly generate revenue for the competition. But ereader.com is owned by B&N. The reason I pre-ordered the N1E was because of its support of the PDB format, and I was extremely disappointed when I found out the NC wouldn't support it. But I don't get why the ereader.com app hasn't been added to the app store yet. It would cost next to nothing to produce, as there already exists an Android app for it. Sorry for the rant.
Frequent Contributor
Grammarsnob
0 Kudos

I want flashblock, like firefox has. 90% of the flash displays that I see on my web browser are garbage ads that do nothing but eat my bandwidth. Kill please. :smileysad:

(I have no idea if that's even possible on a mobile device, but I want it to be.)

Frequent Contributor
SeaFractor
0 Kudos

Overdrive - I agree.

Video rentals -  The device can do great at video, BN sells DVD/BR discs, why not also diversify and look into rental opportunities?     

The fact that "enhanced Nook books" help as a selling feature for the audio/video inclusion possiblities indicates the public is interested in consuming media in more than just text.

Barring that, how about working to port the Android apps for NetFlix and Hulu Plus to the Nook Color?   It helps to fullfill that need for customers and would complement the "rental" service.    Neither Netflix nor Hulu have solutions for when we fly on a plane.

The widescreen format when in landscape is also superior to the 4:3 viewing on an iPad 2 (comparing NetFlix on both the NC with CM7 and iPad for same videos).

Also....

ThinkSpace Pro - this is a fantastic "Mind Mapping" application.    Cloud sync service is availble for Android.

Contributor
baltoreader
0 Kudos

Symbolism!  My favorite!

also Puzzle Quest would be great on the big screen!