Inspired Correspondent
MattFL
0 Kudos

Re: What users want in the NOOKcolor 1.1 update

A couple more -

Finally got around to reading SuperFreakonomics, and footnotes are really bad on my NC. Hard to get back to the original page. Possibly I'm doing it wrong.

Another, and this is a bn.com thing as much as a Nook thing (but the two are becoming one, aren't they?), is the ability to block certain authors from appearing when I shop. I will never buy a book by Charlaine Harris, but every time I go to Fantasy and Sci-Fi I have to scroll through what appears to be several hundred Sookie Stackhouse books, for example.

A filter to block sub-genres, e.g. young adult, would be nice as well. Get rid of the endless supply of teenage vampire novels all at once.

The ability to buy an entire series with one click would be great. A discount for doing so would also be nice :smileyhappy:

Make buying books more like buying music - don't charge my card 5 times if I buy 5 books. Wait a few hours, at least, and charge me once.

Someone mentioned an auto shelve feature. I second that emotion.

Inspired Bibliophile
Desert_Brat
0 Kudos

The 1.1 update has already been issued and cannot be changed. The next update will be 1.2 and there is a thread on it.

Happy reading

A lifelong reader, now may my life be long enough to catch up on my reading!
New User
LagunaPhil
0 Kudos

As of now (3/22/2011) you can play mp4 videos on the NookColor.  The only drawback is that you have to remember how many minutes you are into the movie, then manually go to that point if you have left that file for any reason.  Wish they had a bookmark function like most tablet movie applications.

New User
sellout
0 Kudos

Ability to read books in landscape view :smileysad: 

New User
Bob49459
0 Kudos

Litterly copy pasta'd this from my coment in another similar fourm.

I only have two really annoying issues, both involve Scrolling. I want to be able to browse my pictures while keeping their file structure and scroll through them after opening one. I have a lot of manga's saved as .jpeg's and it is really tedious trying to find the first page of the right one in the series when they are in the gallery app. I would also like a scroll bar in my library. I'm OK with my library being alphabetical, but when I want to read Zack Zublargonson I'm SOL unless I know the book name and search it, or the author, and usually end up getting unrelated results. If I try to swipe to the bottom, I usually end up opening something, and then have to go back and start over from the top. That or being able to browse by Author via the first letter of their last name.

Contributor
ERyan

Zip up the .jpeg files into a standard .zip file, then rename the file to .cbz. You should be able to read it sequentially then.
Distinguished Bibliophile
patgolfneb
0 Kudos

I am curious since current OS version is 1.4+ if these suggestions are aimed at probable 1.5?
Wordsmith
BruceMcF
0 Kudos

Bob49459 wrote:
I have a lot of manga's saved as .jpeg's and it is really tedious trying to find the first page of the right one in the series when they are in the gallery app.

(1) As noted, this is kicking a long obsolete thread from July of last year to the top of forum

(2) Also as noted, the 1.4 (1.4.1, 1.4.2, 1.4.3) version fixes the problem. Just zip the files and rename that zipped file to .cbz, the built in reader will let you read it using pinch to zoom and drag to read.

DeanGibson
Topics: 92
Kudos: 2,253
Solutions: 18

[ Edited ]

patgolfneb wrote:
I am curious since current OS version is 1.4+ if these suggestions are aimed at probable 1.5?

The same person above is also (in a separate message) adding to the thread which suggests improvements to the Nook 1st edition in the "forthcoming" v1.5 release.

I wouldn't be unahppy if B&N took every thread that was more than six months old and locked them.

Nooks: 2 HD+/16GB, 2 HD/8GB: B&N 2.2.0 rooted; Color: B&N 1.4.3 rooted
    2 Touch (one Ltd. Ed.): B&N 1.2.1 rooted; 1stEd/3G: B&N 1.7.0 rooted
Dell Venue 8 Pro: Windows 8.1; Samsung Galaxy Tab2 7.0": Android 4.2.2 rooted
LG G Pad 8.3 Android 4.4.2; Acer Iconia A500: Android 4.0.3 rooted
Customer loyalty is earned, not commanded or deserved, and easily lost.
Never suspect intent where incompetence will do.