Correspondent
g0tr00t
0 Kudos

What users want in the NOOKcolor 1.1 update

[ Edited ]

Great thread idea from Jeffrey ( Nook_Engineer).

Pinch to Zoom in browser

Android Market ( Rutter9)

Dolphin browser option ( watchingDclock)

:smileyvery-happy:

Frequent Contributor
ellsbells930
0 Kudos

Re: What users want in the NOOKcolor 1.1 update

It hasn't even been released - and you want it updated already?:smileysurprised:

New User
NYTony
0 Kudos

Personally I want some things to make this a full featured all in one ereader . . like how about a Twitter app, a Facebook App, a Gmail app, even a builtin in RSS Newsreader would be great.  Perhaps a calendar app that would sync with Google Calander.

Also, a print feature would be nice . . EVEN if it was only able to print as a PDF file to your SD card that you could then stick into your printer and print.

Also, if Docs To Go has an android app I'd like to see that avaiable for some very very basic office document editing.  LIke to fix a typo or something simple like that.

Perhaps the ability to play MP4 videos that were loaded onto a memory card.  It would be a great vacation machine then  . . let my son read some ebooks or watch a movie in the car . .then I'd be able to read my "paper" or a book in the hotel later after I check my email, twitter, calendar, and facebook.

That would make this soooo much more appealing to me than an iPad.  I haven't bought either yet . .but as I'm trying to decide what I really want froma device like this. . . and well the above is what I really want.  THe ipad to me is just too big and expensive if the Nook color could do these things then I'd be in for one for sure.

I'd like these things more than "games" though Angy Birds would be cool.

Correspondent
g0tr00t
0 Kudos

ellsbells930 wrote:

It hasn't even been released - and you want it updated already?:smileysurprised:

The Nook_Engineer on this board recommended the thread... :smileywink:

Couldn't hurt :smileyvery-happy:

Although, I do like the request to have it print money...

Inspired Contributor
JohnP51

ellsbells930 wrote:

Happens every time. And the "When is the next update...." threads will continue until Nookcolor 6.0 comes out.

John

"Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else." ~ Mark Twain
Frequent Contributor
Rutter9

After it prints me some money there better be a rake back yard feature. These leaves won't rake themselves! I nailed an update to the tree but it shrugged off the idea last rain storm.

Correspondent
lisat96
0 Kudos

NYTony wrote:

Perhaps the ability to play MP4 videos that were loaded onto a memory card. 

It's supposed to do MP4 video already.  I would assume that means from the memory card as well.

Distinguished Scribe
Ya_Ya
0 Kudos

g0tr00t wrote:

Missed the sarcasm, didn't ya?

Anyway, I'm generally of the impression that it's not helpflul to complain or request revisions, upgrades, updates, fixes for things one hasn't yet used thoroughly, let alone hasn't yet seen.

I'm looking forward to these being in stores; I'd like to play with one.  I'll never buy a device to read on that's LCD, so I won't buy it, but it will be fun to see what it can do - and what a Pixel Qi or Mirasol version might do in the future.  (I'm holding onto my optimism.)

Correspondent
g0tr00t
0 Kudos

Ya_Ya wrote:

g0tr00t wrote:

Missed the sarcasm, didn't ya?

Yup, like I said...I hear that crazy music from one flew over the cukoo's nest and my mind goes blank... few hours later I find my self holding bags of gadgets and a smoking debit card....

:smileyvery-happy:

Nook_Engineer

Nah, I was actually serious. 

Despite popular belief, we do talk about what customers are most complaining about on the NOOK forums when we figure out what goes into a release.  It's not the only consideration, but it's one of many, including top customer support issues, previously announced features, features on our internal roadmap, etc.

-Jeffrey

Distinguished Scribe
Ya_Ya
0 Kudos

Nook_Engineer wrote:

Despite popular belief, we do talk about what customers are most complaining about on the NOOK forums when we figure out what goes into a release.  It's not the only consideration, but it's one of many, including top customer support issues, previously announced features, features on our internal roadmap, etc.

-Jeffrey

I do believe that you want your customers to be happy; otherwise you'd go out of business.  :smileyhappy:

I did figure you were sarcastic about a NOOKcolor updated thread *already*, since, you know, at the time you said it no consumer had even seen one to know what they might like and dislike... 

Bibliophile
Jenniisme
0 Kudos

Nook_Engineer wrote:

-Jeffrey

Hey Jeffrey,

All I ask for is...ORGANIZATION of my 1000 books, sideloaded & downloaded.

*bats eyelashes*

pretty please?

Distinguished Bibliophile
deemure

pdb support or some solution to the Fictionwise problem.  But then Nook_Engineer already knows this.:smileyvery-happy:  I'm getting old and find I repeat myself more and more often.

"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.
Reader 2
karankj
0 Kudos

Have feature for pdf and ebook files like the nook study program.  I would love to be able to highlight and add personal notes to my files while studing with my nook.

Correspondent
g0tr00t
0 Kudos

Ok, so after using it for a few hours..

A browser update or option would be nice.  Its a little quirky, as expected.  If I come to this forum and hit REPLY, the keyboard shows up then disappears (i have had this happen with other sites), if I click HTML box above, I can reply just fine.

Contributor
bml2k2

I would like to see the B&N blogs on Color just like on the regular Nook.  I also do alot of reading at night before I go to sleep.  I think a 'lights off' mode would be nice to try out.  Where the contrast is reverse (black screen, white words).  Otherwise I love it!  It is very nice and easy to use.  So easy that my son is already begging to listen to his books on my NookColor again and again! :smileywink:

Frequent Contributor
Rutter9
0 Kudos

Maybe this is just me but the brightness does not seem to go as low as it should. In a dark room it still seemed fairly bright. Anyone else?
B&N Bookseller
Mikinda

bml2k2 wrote:

I also do alot of reading at night before I go to sleep.  I think a 'lights off' mode would be nice to try out.  Where the contrast is reverse (black screen, white words).

This is currently available.  When reading a book, go to the text options, and choose the line below font style (the preset for this is "Normal").  You can change it to night reading (white text on a black background) there, as well as several other permutations of text color and background.

flyingtoastr
Topics: 55
Kudos: 2,923
0 Kudos

Tapping on the "quick settings" from the home screen (bottom right corner) should also pull up the power bar, so you don't have to go through all the steps to see exactly what the charge is in the full Settings menu.

Otherwise loving it. :smileyhappy:

New User
Groot

I'd like to see the NookColor support .CBZ and .CBR formats from the sd card.