Contributor
clickliter33
0 Kudos

Re: Who wants to be NOOKfriends?

So I just realized I only have 3 books that are lendme...sorry. I am always adding so hopefully I can build up my lendme library and pull my own weight in the lendme dept. I have a friend also so yea!

Frequent Contributor
sewingladyNJ
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I'm in sewred@gmail.com

Reader 4
lashanda79
0 Kudos

ok maybe someone can help me? i have been emailed at least 6 requests for nookfriends but whenever i  try to confirm the request from my laptop, nook or phone it gives me a screen saying i'm not signed in & once i sign in it's just a screen that says Nookfriend requests (0). IDK please help maybe i'm doing something wrong.

Contributor
Mrs_BookwormWI
0 Kudos

i'm having the same problem only 1 NookFriend asked me :smileysad:

I need more NookFriends. Either way that 1 is not showing up either.

Correspondent
NookieV
0 Kudos

lashanda79 wrote:

ok maybe someone can help me? i have been emailed at least 6 requests for nookfriends but whenever i  try to confirm the request from my laptop, nook or phone it gives me a screen saying i'm not signed in & once i sign in it's just a screen that says Nookfriend requests (0). IDK please help maybe i'm doing something wrong.

Hmmm,

I got an email message saying so-and-so wanted to be a friend. I clicked on the link, had to sign in and then got that screen of Nookfriends and had 1 request on it. I confermed it and it changed to 0.

I've only got the 1 request so far so it's not a good sample size.

And it is in 'beta' so there might be some quirks. 

nv

Correspondent
NookieV
0 Kudos

Mrs_BookwormWI wrote:

i'm having the same problem only 1 NookFriend asked me :smileysad:

I need more NookFriends. Either way that 1 is not showing up either.

Email sent Mrs_Bookworm.   :smileyhappy:

Contributor
Mrs_BookwormWI
0 Kudos

nope....nothing is there some setting that I should have my Nook on or something? Anything special I should be doing?

Correspondent
NookieV
0 Kudos

Mrs_BookwormWI wrote:

nope....nothing is there some setting that I should have my Nook on or something? Anything special I should be doing?

You should get an email. I sent you one straight from my gmail account. I'm not doing this on my Nook yet... just pc and the B&N webpage.

Contributor
Mrs_BookwormWI
0 Kudos

Well Nookie it seems like i'm going to be calling the customer "service" line. because i'm not getting any emails, i've sent  5 requests already and they are just being seen as "sent". I have yet to get your email and i'm thoughly frustrated. It's not fair!! LOL :smileymad:

Inspired Correspondent
OPDwife
0 Kudos

I sent a few requests out today (I am doing them in batches) and some have accepted. Good.  But now NO books are showing up in my friends lists as being able to be borrowed and none of my books are showing up.  It is giving me an error message!  So frustrating.  I hope this all gets worked out soon.  This is such an easy way to make Nook friends....especially for those of us who don't know anyone personally with a Nook/NC.

When I get a little money I buy books, if any is left, I buy food and clothes
Correspondent
NookieV
0 Kudos

Mrs_BookwormWI wrote:

Well Nookie it seems like i'm going to be calling the customer "service" line. because i'm not getting any emails, i've sent  5 requests already and they are just being seen as "sent". I have yet to get your email and i'm thoughly frustrated. It's not fair!! LOL :smileymad:

Well, ok.  It narrows the problem down to email and not the B&N website though. 

They getting pushed off into spam maybe? Or do you have to hit refresh on the email app on the nook? Errr, are you getting the emails on the nook or are you using a PC?

Correspondent
NookieV
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

OPDwife wrote:

I sent a few requests out today (I am doing them in batches) and some have accepted. Good.  But now NO books are showing up in my friends lists as being able to be borrowed and none of my books are showing up.  It is giving me an error message!  So frustrating.  I hope this all gets worked out soon.  This is such an easy way to make Nook friends....especially for those of us who don't know anyone personally with a Nook/NC.

Since you're active I sent you an invite. That is a long list of emails. 

You know... it would be nice to get those listed in chunks of 25 emails seperated by commas so we can do them all in big batchs. 

I'm not sure what is supposed to show up out there... I've add some books I'm reading and some other books to my library and I've made it public (I think).

nv

Correspondent
Prewittboy
0 Kudos

I added the whole list that nevermore sent out with everyones email addy on it to my gmail. BailableOdin2.0 is my gmail. I just copied all of the addresses to a new contact group and linked it to my NC. i Have 2 friends now! yayyyyy :smileyvery-happy:

Correspondent
Prewittboy
0 Kudos

Six now lol. seems to be the best way to request and add is  linking gmail.

Correspondent
NookieV
0 Kudos

Prewittboy wrote:

Six now lol. seems to be the best way to request and add is  linking gmail.

Where do you see what friends you have? I'm looking under 'people you are following' but maybe that's the wrong place?

Inspired Correspondent
OPDwife
0 Kudos

@NookieV

I just powered down my Nook and am restarting it.  I hope this will reboot it and fix the problem.  Anyway, I will look to see if I got your request when it is up and running  :smileyhappy:

When I get a little money I buy books, if any is left, I buy food and clothes
Correspondent
Prewittboy
0 Kudos

look on ur nc under the nook friends app.  it will have different tabs . Across the top it will say friends activities, NOOK friends, Lend me, and about me.

Correspondent
NookieV
0 Kudos

Prewittboy wrote:

look on ur nc under the nook friends app.  it will have different tabs . Across the top it will say friends activities, NOOK friends, Lend me, and about me.

I'm actually looking on the B&N website while I'm logged in. Don't have the Nook in front of me. That's where I've been sending the invites from as well.

Contributor
kimbrly86
0 Kudos

Try sending the requests with the Nook Friends app on your NC. I sent a few last night and so far everyone has confirmed. I received two request via email and am unable to confirm. I'm getting the same msg as everyone else.... "Nook Friends Requests (0)"

Kim

http://skeltonsbooktree.blogspot.com/
Contributor
Mrs_BookwormWI
0 Kudos

okay I'm like really stuck.

I made the mistake of putting the wrong email on the list. So i'm like okay let me do this manually. So i actually on my Nook emailed those on the list. I'm not getting anything back. Some how NookieV was able to add me but when i get the requests it asks me to log in which i do but then it says no Friends pending. Do anyone have time to help me now. And also how do you have a "friend activity"? Anyone figure that out? I'm really trying not to head to the BN store. LOL