Distinguished Correspondent
CB2010
0 Kudos

Why have they stopped providing screenshots for new Apps?

I can't see that this is a good idea if you want to sell something. I'm not buying a unknown app without at least viewing a screenshot. I know there are screenshots available--you can often see them if you search the product on iTunes or Amazon. (Of course sometimes you find if you had an android device or rooted nook you could have gotten the same app for free, so I don't know why B&N would want to encourage shoppers to look elsewhere.)

Inspired Wordsmith
petesnook
0 Kudos

Re: Why have they stopped providing screenshots for new Apps?

First of all, your thread title sounds as if all the recent apps have no screenshots.  In fact, I've yet to find one recent app that doesn't have at least one screenshot.  I looked at about 10 to 12 of the ones released this past week whose titles were of interest to me. They all had screenshots. After reading your post I randomly chose 10 other apps from the latest batch and they all had screenshots.  I'm not saying all apps have them; obviously you've found some or you wouldn't have posted.  But my experience shows it's at worst a rare occurrence.

Secondly, I'm pretty sure it's up to the developers to submit the shots.  However, perhaps B&N should not allow apps to be made available without shots.  I agree that they are very useful.  I wouldn't buy an app without a screenshot.

CB2010
0 Kudos

The apps I was looking at were games. Many of the newer ones only have the logo as a picture, but no screenshots. The screenshots ARE available elsewhere on iTunes or other app sites. And many of these are not no-name games, but by EA, Big Fish, Namco, etc.

Atlantis Sky Patrol

Office Gamebox

Puzzle Quest 2

Jacks or Better

Just to highlight a few.

HumbleCorrespondent
0 Kudos

CB2010 wrote:

The apps I was looking at were games. Many of the newer ones only have the logo as a picture, but no screenshots. The screenshots ARE available elsewhere on iTunes or other app sites. And many of these are not no-name games, but by EA, Big Fish, Namco, etc.

Atlantis Sky Patrol

Office Gamebox

Puzzle Quest 2

Jacks or Better

Just to highlight a few.

Although I could not find Puzzle Quest 2 in the NC app store, I did find the others. They all had screen shots. This seems to be a web site problem. I followed your links, and it was like you said. To see the screen shots, shop in the store directly from your NC.
That's just my opinion, you can take it for what it's worth, or just leave it alone.