Contributor
Purdy_Shadow
0 Kudos

Why haven't I gotten the update yet?

I've had my nook connected to wifi continuously since the update came out and I haven't gotten it yet. Why?
Reader 4
Dragonfly_Rain
0 Kudos

Re: Why haven't I gotten the update yet?

I actually went to my local store yet because I was in the same place that you were.

I asked the girl there to update my nook... she did that with no problem.

I asked why I had not gotten it and she said that the update was "buggy" so they stopped rolling it out until very recently... and that they haven't gotten through the roll out yet.  She wasn't at all surprised that I hadn't gotten it over wifi.

My suggestion is to go to a store, or do it yourself, or hang in there :smileyhappy:

You weren't skipped or forgotten.

Inspired Wordsmith
TigerShawk
0 Kudos

So is there an updated update that those of us who updated early on need to redownload?

Wordsmith
daenas
0 Kudos

TigerShawk wrote:

So is there an updated update that those of us who updated early on need to redownload?

Yeah, what they said..??

Correspondent
Piechow
0 Kudos

I got it just fine over the Wifi. Seems it is at your end not BN. As for the false comments about buggy version. This is untrue and several of my friends who work at BN do not know why someone would say that.

Frequent Contributor
arecibo00612
0 Kudos

mine is at 1.3. is that the highest update?  I have not turned it on like in a month.  thanks

Wordsmith
robert93
0 Kudos

Version 1.4.1 is on the servers now for download, or turn on wifi and wait......

Some folks have had problems with downloading the file. If your browser fails, try another one, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, take your pick :-) 

As to the "buggy" comments, it may not have been the update, as much as the over the air implementation that was buggy, if your Nook is working fine, no need to re-apply an update :-)

Reader 4
Dragonfly_Rain
0 Kudos

Piechow wrote:

I got it just fine over the Wifi. Seems it is at your end not BN. As for the false comments about buggy version. This is untrue and several of my friends who work at BN do not know why someone would say that.

I am just repeating what the Nook person at Barnes and Noble told me..

I wasn't trying to spread rumors or false comments.

I was anxious for the 1.4 update and hadn't gotten it from wifi as of yesterday so I went to the store for help. I am in Northeast Ohio, if that matters...

Reader 2
Darkside6966
0 Kudos

I haven't got my wifi update yet either and since my charging cable is damaged I can't connect it to my pc to manualy install it.  I just got off the phone with barnes and noble and they are sending me the new cable for free since it is still under warranty, and they are also pushing the update out to me over wifi. I am still waiting for it as I write this. 

If them pushing the update dosn't work the new cable should allow me to connect it to a pc and do it manually. 

Dark

Inspired Contributor
ToddK

Still< waiting here too. No computer, and I never get to the B&N store. Picked up a 16gig Toshiba Thrive last week - downloaded the nook app for Android (as well as the Kindle app), and I doubt I'll ever pick up the nook again. (LOVE the smooth-as-silk page turn animations, which the nook itself still doesn't do well.) If the update never comes, ...I'm cool. ;-) /p>

Distinguished Bibliophile
bobstro
0 Kudos

Whether due to bug fixes, or "enhancements", the 1.4.1 file that I downloaded recently is not the same file as the one I downloaded before Christmas. Their checksums differ. Something is different about them, which you normally wouldn't expect for firmware versions bearing the same version number.

If anybody wants to compare, my Software version in settings is 1.4.1. There are no sub-release details, unfortunately.

Inspired Contributor
Dr_CTF
0 Kudos

That's interesting about the different checksums, I downloaded another copy of the update today and the checksum matches the copy I downloaded last week.  Unfortunately the magazine reader on my NC is still broken even with this latest "very latest" update. 

Frequent Contributor
airangel
0 Kudos

Mine still shows v1.2...am too lazy to download the newest update this time. I may hike to the stire this weekend if nothing happens here by then.
Nook Color owner: 12/11/2010
N2A 8GB 8/12/2011 (I'll never go back!!)
Industriell covered :smileyhappy:

Tucson, AZ
Inspired Correspondent
furyu
0 Kudos

Have yet to receive the update.  Given the trouble I had with the 1.2 update last April, there is no way I'm going to sideload an update ever again.  My thinking is that those who sideload the updates unwittingly become the upaid beta testers of that update.  Makes sense to me.  That's why: never again.  I'll patiently wait for auto roll-out of the update.  

The 1.3 update was rolled out to my device within one week of  release. There were few, if any, problems associated with that one.  I read here that there are some problems with the 1.4, albeit minor in comparison to the problems of 1.2, but significant nonetheless.  The magazine problem seems to be the worse.

I wonder how much longer the wait will be.  I'm in no hurry.  In fact, I'm feeling more impatient to hear news about the release of a Kindle Fire 10-inch tablet.  That's going to be my next device.  :smileyhappy:  

Write to be understood, speak to be heard, read to grow...
~L.C.Powell

Inspired Contributor
Dr_CTF
0 Kudos

I agree 100% about sideloading updates: never again!  Not interested in being an alpha- or beta-tester.