Contributor
arizonasullivan
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Words With Friends Problem!

I've been playing WWF on my Nook Color for a few months and today it said I needed to upgrade but I have to pay 2.99! Does anyone else know what is going on?

New User
betty11
0 Kudos

Re: Words With Friends Problem!

Same thing happened to me. Can't access the game.:smileymad:

Contributor
arizonasullivan
0 Kudos

And I don't want to pay...again! I've tried contacting Zynga but that was a waste!

New User
bmabry
0 Kudos

I am having the same problem.  When I tried to purchase it, it gave me the message that I already owned that app.  But upon going back and trying to play, it keeps giving me the same message!  I am very frustrated right now!!!!

Contributor
arizonasullivan

Here is how to upgrade for free. All u have to do is click on the upside down u button and select the Library. From there click on apps (at top of screen). Then u will see check for updares. Click on that and then update. I had to click update twice but then it worked. Yay!

New User
mschelle12
0 Kudos

Yeah Thanks for the information.

New User
Lor4444
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info about updates. Did the update and now my WWF is working great!

New User
BorisNY
0 Kudos

Your suggestion worked for me. Thanks

New User
BellaRaine
0 Kudos

OMG thank you so much I wanted to pull my hair out.

New User
DHatty
0 Kudos

That happened to me yesterday as well!  But thanks to your post it is now fixed!  Thanks arizonasullivan:smileyhappy:

New User
fifthmoon
0 Kudos

Call them you won't have to pay again. My did the same thing and I called. So I got the upgrade now my WWF won't play like it should in fact as of today it won't play at all. Tomorrow I'm calling them I know the upgrade has caused this.

New User
CopperBT
0 Kudos

Me too! I did the upgrade and now when I enter a word, it just goes to the blue screen and won't play! if I put in an incorrect word it lets me know that!

Contributor
I_love_nookbooks
0 Kudos

That is the exact same problem I am having.  The screen goes to blue when I try to play a word.  I've tried contacting Zynga but to no avail.  Any luck getting the problem fixed on your end?

New User
cookiegNC
0 Kudos

After updating started having the problem of it not submitting correctly. it doesn't happen everytime, I'm trying to figure out if it is one persons game or not. I'm using my Nook with some friends from the nook and some from facebook. I've did trouble shooting from face book and zynga. Any suggestions?

New User
Veronica78VV
0 Kudos

Exact same thing happened to me.

What is the deal that when we upgrade we can no longer play?

So annoying!  :smileymad:

New User
jkp13
0 Kudos

tonight (8-28-12) I tried to access my words with friends app on my Nook Color and got a message that I need to sign in using facebook. I've never had to do that before; that's why I paid for the app.

Reader 2
KatyKatIL
0 Kudos

I had the same message. WWF doesn't work for me on Facebook, but the Nook version always worked well. 

It wouldn't let me see my games until I clicked on the FB connect. 
It completely wiped out all 20 games I had been in the middle of (EEEK! Including some really nice partners who actually played daily!), had me choose a screen name. and started over like I had never used the app. 

Now I can't find my old gaming partners, can't get my own name back, and the game generally doesn't work nearly as well. 

I don't know what they tried to do, but they messed it up royally.

Reader
flakjak
0 Kudos

Since May I have  been enjoying WWF on my Nook tablet.  Now after the update, after archiving the game to reload it because it wasn't working properly, I am unable to reload it.  I AM PISSED.  This is one of the reasons I purchased the tablet, not just the reader.  This issue needs to be addressed.  I will be calling support today to get my lousy $3.00 back.  

Reader
afradenburg
0 Kudos

I have enjoyed using Words with Friends but had a glitch. According to their help page, I uninstalled the program and was to reinstall it. All I get is a message saying that Words with Friends is not available for my Nook Color. I spent a while trying to contact them on their web page, but was not able to make any progress since I kept clicking on contact and it would not allow me to email them.  Please help!!!  Thank you.

Contributor
Eros-Ashima
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for posting about the problems with WWF - now I know it's not just me. I had to take it off my color Nook, it was making my Nook malfunction. Hope it hasn't damaged my Nook.