Inspired Contributor
pinnacle7
0 Kudos

amazon drops price again

First 8.9 now the 32 7in kfhd is 229.00 from 250.00 I think that's with ads maybe they are not selling as well also.
Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur

Re: amazon drops price again

pinnacle7 wrote:
First 8.9 now the 32 7in kfhd is 229.00 from 250.00 I think that's with ads maybe they are not selling as well also.

Is this written in code?

patgolfneb
0 Kudos

Translation? 7 inch kindle HD price drop. Speculation, product not selling? I think tablets are popular gifts, graduations, mothers day, trying to beat next Apple intro, I think reading tea leaves is about as accurate as speculating based on pricing decisions but why should that stop us.:smileytongue:

Contributor
rje58
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

The other issue with tablet price drops and promotions is that Google is expected to announce and show their newest Nexus tablets in May or June - and that will be extra competition for all the existing tablets.

flyingtoastr
Topics: 55
Kudos: 2,980
0 Kudos

The new N7 will be announced at I/O sometime between May 15th and 17th (probably closer to the former).

It will probably ship some time in June.

keriflur
0 Kudos

When will the N3E be announced?

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Thanks for the update Pinnacle.

It's pretty much guaranteed it's not selling well.

Amazon and B&N are both doing this dance of gradually reducing prices. And trying to scoop up more and more people who were waiting for a price drop, without taking too many losses (just conjecture on my part).

There are two further reasons (apart from slow sales).

1) Rumored $149 Nexus 2 Part 2 with a HD screen. Supposedly ships in July.

2) Rumored Retina iPad Mini. Supposed to ship middle of year but rumors of problems with the retina screens and might ship Aug or Sept.

The latter would deal a heavy blow, since iPad Mini is alredy selling so well. One of the main advantages of Nook HD/HD+ and Kindle Fire HD was the screen.

keriflur
0 Kudos

I assume there are a lot of people holding out for the retina ipad mini.  It makes sense that both B&N and Amazon would want to sell as many units as possible between now and ipad mini offical announcement.

flyingtoastr
Topics: 55
Kudos: 2,980
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

keriflur wrote:

When will the N3E be announced?

Dunno, still haven't been able to dig out a release date.

Past experience would say around the same time, usually the third or fourth week of May.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

I'm very excited to see what the new Nook eInk Reader has.

And it might also dicate what the next Kindle eInk Readers has ( :smileywink: ) .

A flexible screen would be a big plus (harder to break).