flyingtoastr
Topics: 55
Kudos: 2,980
0 Kudos

Re: defective glowlight screen

[ Edited ]

Heracy, Kindle products are always perfect from the outset and never have problems!

/s

New User
gatotoo

Ok, so I'm not really all that impressed with the PW reviews either.  Just annoyed thet I have to go through  the nooter process and restore everything to where it is for the third time. 

Nook has to get a fix for the light hole problem hopefully sooner than later and I am still super impressed with the Glow display and technology.

Reader
Sewell
0 Kudos

i bought a nook st with glowlight on 10/12/12 and tonight (11/2/12) it had a slit that the light shines through brightly. i'll be calling customer service and hopefully this will be replaced.

i like my nook (i've bought all 3 generations of it), but it needs to work.
New User
LordoftheCrabPeople
0 Kudos

I purchased mine from BB 5 days ago and the day after I opened it I noticed a small tear letting light through. Since it was in the corner I figured I'd let it slide but just now while I'm sitting here at work reading I simply put down the Nook, walked over to the fridge, nuked my lunch for 2 minutes, and upon resituating myself I turn the Nook back on and guess what? Another small tear right in the middle of the screen!! It cracked all by itself in the span of about 3 minutes. I do not use the touch screen on this, only the side buttons. Matter of fact, I'm still reading the same book so I haven't navigated out of the book to look around at the UI much (not much to look at I suppose). This thing is a big POS and I saw these tears on the display model at BB. I remarked to my wife while looking at it "look, someone must have hit this with a key or something". Little did I know they CRACK ON THEIR OWN.

Buyer beware on this little pile of garbage. It's getting returned on my next day off and I'm buying the Kindle. BN totally screwed us all on this dandy of an instrument.

flyingtoastr
Topics: 55
Kudos: 2,980

I love the people who threaten to go buy a Kindle without reading that Amazon is having the same exact problem with the KPW on their forums.

Distinguished Bibliophile
bobstro
0 Kudos

I love company representatives that think a similar problem in a competing product makes selling defective products OK.
Distinguished Scribe
Ya_Ya

bobstro wrote:
I love company representatives that think a similar problem in a competing product makes selling defective products OK.

I don't think this was toastr's point this time.

I think his point was, "Exactly how does (threatening to) run off and buy a competitor's just-as-defective product solve this problem?"

I, too, think that as a defense "But she did it first" or "But, but, but, he's doing it too" when discussing the actual issue is ludicrous, but to point out that buying X that has the same problem as Y is silly, not going to solve the issue and a waste of money is entirely reasonable.

New User
VLMRI
0 Kudos

I had the problem, and they sent me a replacement; however, the replacement has developed the same problem in the same spot!  Now they won't replace this one since the warranty period has passed, but why is that relevant, since it is clearly a manufacturer's defect!  I am so frustrated, I refused to pay an additional $55 for another pre-owned Nook, since the defect has not been corrected.

I have been a B&N member for years, purchasing all my professional books, gifts, etc from them.  They have lost a customer, now.....I am downloading the Kindle app for my IPad.

Distinguished Bibliophile
bobstro
0 Kudos

If you've been a regular B&N customer (bought ebooks from them), going with the Amazon app won't give you access to titles you've already purchased. I'd go with a reader capable of handling B&N's epub format.

Most warranties against manufacturer defects have a time limit. B&N is not unique in this regard.