New User
Barbara67
0 Kudos

downloading apps

anyone else having trouble downloading apps.  I can't even access the links to buy them, just the ones that give the information!  Getting so frustrated.

Reader
lakebum
0 Kudos

Re: downloading apps

I thought I was illiterate because I too cannot access the apps.  Maybe someone can help us here.

AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518
Solutions: 0
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

This is the Nook Classic Forum.  There are NO apps to download for the Nook Classic.

The Nook Color board is located here:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOKcolor-General-Discussion/bd-p/NOOKcolorGeneralDiscussion

►Without order there is chaos◄
Frequent Contributor
_deb_
0 Kudos

Just to clarify what Alan was pointing out....there are different boards for the classic Nook versus the Nook Color.  Unfortunately, as we Nook Classic owners cannot download apps (nor do we want to) we cannot be of assistance.  You will want to direct your questions to the NookColor board users.

Have a good one and good luck!

Hope to see you later at...

Correspondent
Dr_Mabooza
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

This is the 2nd time today that I have encountered this claim of something being on the wrong board posted on the correct board for the subject.  Above me it sez, like it did last time:

Browse Book Clubs : NOOK Apps and NOOKbook Boards : NOOKcolor Technical Support : Re: downloading apps : Reply to Message

Is this yet another technical "event" happening at Westworld - uh, I mean NOOKworld?

Nook_Engineer
0 Kudos

@Dr_Mabooza,

No, that's me moving threads from a wrong board to the correct board.  The forum tools leave a placeholder in the old location to tell people where they got moved from, but I guess they don't put anything into the thread once it has been moved. 

I'll try to remember to make a comment that I've moved a thread from one board to another when I'm moving threads.

-Jeffrey

Contributor
marshacbe1
0 Kudos

So is there any advice on the original question?  I purchased Angry Birds and it downloaded and installed faultlessly.  But cannot get it to download on my husbands NC (we share an account).  The icon shows up on his home page (with "download" banner on it), but nothing happens when I click it.  Wireless was on when I tried.   Did a hard shutdown/reboot  but still no luck.  I must admit I turned wireless off after the "brouhaha" yesterday, and haven't tried yet today.  We were not affected by the server problem that I know of.  (Everything is still in our library)  Maybe it would work now.  BUT IF NOT:  anything I should do next?   Somebody give me courage to try again!

Nook_Engineer

Please make sure that the second NOOKColor is also updated to 1.2.  If you have more than one NOOKColor on an account, you can still see purchased apps on 1.1 or 1.0 devices, but won't be able to download or install them.

If the second device is on 1.2, try archiving/unarchiving.  If *that* doesnt' work, go to the Apps tray and tap on the button in the upper right that looks like a "sync" button (arrows in a circle). 

Hopefully one of those steps will help.

-Jeffrey

Frequent Contributor
lilacangel
0 Kudos

You may also need to remove your sd card if you're using one. That's the only way mine would operate properly. I just archived it, unmounted the card, downloaded it again and popped the sd card back in. Works beautifully, now. :-)
Contributor
marshacbe1
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies.  Everything is working fine now.  I'm guessing the problem was simply the B&N server issues on Wednesday, or whenever it was.  When I turned on wireless on the "problem" NC, it immediately started installing the app.    Don't have an SD card yet, but plan to get one.  Will keep in mind that it might create issues.