Reader 4
Kalamarose
0 Kudos

email problems....

I just moved from the original Nook to a Nook color and am having problems setting up my email address.  My brother [a techie] has set up a family email through Gmail.  It works fine on my Thunderbird email software, but I can't get it to work on Nook.  Can anyone offer any suggestions???  

Wordsmith
Serendip
0 Kudos

Re: email problems....

These are the settings I have for my Gmail account in the NC Mail App:

Gmail: (needs whole username, before AND after the @

This only works for me as an IMAP, not as pop3

Incoming:

IMAP server: imap.gmail.com

Security tupe: SSL

Port: 993

IMAP path prefix: Optional

Outgoing:

SMTP: smtp.gmail.com

Security: SSL

Port: 465

Require sign-in: checked

Hope that helps!

Reader 4
Kalamarose
0 Kudos

I'm a little confused by your response.  My email address is ljh@hussmail.com so for my user name do I put in ljh@ljh.hussmail.com???

Thanks for your quick response!!!

Linda

Wordsmith
Serendip
0 Kudos

Kalamarose wrote:

I'm a little confused by your response.  My email address is ljh@hussmail.com so for my user name do I put in ljh@ljh.hussmail.com???

Thanks for your quick response!!!

Linda

You said in your original post that your brother had set up a gmail account, and it was working in thunderbird - that led me to believe you have a gmail email account.

You need to find out what the server settings and such are for "hussmail.com" and enter those - they will be the same as the settings in thunderbird.  

Reader 2
sis2boys
0 Kudos

Thank you - it worked on my HD.  :smileylol:

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Kalamarose, is your gmail accounts through Google Apps? It seems so, given the custom domain name.

There are problems when using email through Google Apps such as lack of support for Exchange etc.

So you'll have to check.

New User
frntr737
0 Kudos

We have been having the same problems with our Tablets as well.been going on for over two weeks now, guess we will have to goto the store and see about getting ours replaced as well.

Bibliophile
laurieb52
0 Kudos

@frntr,

There has been a glitch with gmail accounts with the 2.06 update. Alex has posted a workaround under the discussion board "Nook News".

Life's a chair of bowlies...and it's all about Plan B!
New User
fritty61
0 Kudos

I have been having problems since the update with both of my e-mail accounts. one is a yahoo account and the other is a mediacom account. they are always force-closing. aaarrrggghhhh