Contributor
Doug48
0 Kudos

free facebook app

Just got my nook color and wondering is  there a free facebook app for the nook color.Right now it seems I have to go to search and then I see where it says facebook.Still learning so I might just be missing something.

Scribe
dfehling
0 Kudos

Re: free facebook app

There isn't a free facebook app, but there is Friendcaster for Facebook for $1.99. http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/friendcaster-for-facebook-handmark/1101225106?ean=2940043353290&itm=...

It isn't great though, because Facebook sees it as a third party app, a lot of posts don't show up because of privacy settings. I have found this to be a real pain. I often just use the regular Facebook website in the web browser instead. 

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. ~Attributed to Groucho Marx
Frequent Contributor
roxmysoxGA
0 Kudos

There's the Seesmic app, which will  let you manage your Facebook, Twitter and Google Buzz accounts:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/seesmic-seesmic/1102538598?ean=2940043353764&itm=1&usri=seesmic

Kinda has mixed reviews, but hey, it's free.

Correspondent
tuck229
0 Kudos

roxmysoxGA wrote:

There's the Seesmic app, which will  let you manage your Facebook, Twitter and Google Buzz accounts:

I have it and it works decent enough to check out updates and look at photos.  However, it doesn't have a feature that lets you access your facebook mail, which is a dealbreaker for me.  I just access facebook through the browser instead until something better comes along.

Wordsmith
mbratch
0 Kudos

tuck229 wrote:

roxmysoxGA wrote:

I have it and it works decent enough to check out updates and look at photos.  However, it doesn't have a feature that lets you access your facebook mail, which is a dealbreaker for me.  I just access facebook through the browser instead until something better comes along.

The browser interface in mobile mode actually works as well as any FB app I've seen, so that's what I use. Just put a bookmark in there for it.

If you want to be tricky, you can create an HTML document that just has a redirect to the FB page and put that document on your home screen. Touch it once and it takes you right there. :smileyhappy:

Reader
Jilldn
0 Kudos