0 Kudos

how may i get apps on the nc without a credit card? no rooting

Nook Color honeycomb 3.0/ stock 1.4.1
Distinguished Bibliophile
roustabout
0 Kudos

Re: how may i get apps on the nc without a credit card? no rooting

Buy a gift card for cash?
"no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." Fourth Amendment to the US Constitution.
Wordsmith
Melissa19
0 Kudos

Re: how may I get apps on the nc without a credit card? no rooting

Hello,

To purchase anything on your NOOK Color, be it books, apps, newspapers, or your favorite magazines, you need to have a default credit or debit card on your Barnes & Noble account. You can add Barnes & Noble giftcards to your account settings, but you will still need a default credit or debit card. All your purchases (such as apps), with the exception of magazines or newspaper "subscriptions," will be taken off the giftcard. Single issue periodicals will come off the giftcard. If the balance on your giftcard is not enough to cover the purchase, your credit or debit card will be charged the remaining balance. Click "My Account" on top of each page to access your account settings. The options to change your payment method and add giftcards will be on the right.

Melissa19
Distinguished Wordsmith
MaluhiaKana
0 Kudos

Re: how may i get apps on the nc without a credit card? no rooting

We use our Visa Check Card. It's tied to our checking account. No "credit" card required.

Frequent Contributor
tonyh61
0 Kudos

my parents wont let me use their cards

Contributor
Scott38
0 Kudos

Just use a pre-paid credit card then you can put as much as you want on it and not worry about the charges. 

Frequent Contributor
MikeNC
0 Kudos

If you are too young yet to get your own pre-paid card or a debit/check card to use, you pretty much have to get your parents in on this.  As mentioned, you can use gift cards to actually pay for items, but you must have a valid card number listed for the account in order to buy anything on the device through the B&N shop.  There is no way around that.

Distinguished Bibliophile
deemure

I would ask your parents to get you a prepaid visa card-you can get them at grocery stores even. Generally, they cost $5 to purchase and you have to put some amount of money on them when you get them. The caed must also allow for registering in your name and address. Then, use gift cards. The reason you need a credit card is because (at least for books) that is what is used to encrypt them. Many people have used the prepaid cards.
"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.
Inspired Contributor
gkaiseil
0 Kudos

I do not recommend using a Debit Card, ATM Card, or Check Card. Unlike a credit card these cards not allow for the challenging of fraudulent charges and provide far less protection with regards to fraudulent charges. Carefully read the terms and conditions of your card and decide if you want to assume the risks.

Credit cards allow for the challenging of charges and have a set limit as to how much in fraudulent charges you will be responsible for.

Get a prepaid credit card,  prepaid debit card, or gift card. Once the money is use up it will not drain your bank account.

Inspired Wordsmith
donc13
0 Kudos

tonyh61 wrote:

my parents wont let me use their cards

And  there is your answer.   Without a credit card on file, no matter what, you can NOT buy anything from B&N for the Nook.

If you want an app (and I presume your Nook is attached  to their account)...you're going to have to ask your parents to buy it for you.

---------
Don
Frequent Contributor
tonyh61
0 Kudos

what happens if the prepaid card runs out of money